No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Drozd Surprised That Pirog Turned Down a Golovkin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Drozd Surprised That Pirog Turned Down a Golovkin Bout

Russian cruiserweight Gregory Drozd is surprised that WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog is not interested in fighting Gennady Golovkin, the WBA's "regular" champion at 160-pounds. Drozd, a rising cruiserweight, is good friends with both fighters. He knows Pirog well, due to their Russian roots, and he was stablemates with Golovkin when both boxers were promoted by Universum.

[Click Here To Read More]

Still waiting on that big fight I guess...... Lol

Comment

so martinez is ducking pirog because he doesn't think he's a big enough name, yet he won't fight the regular wba champ golovkin because he thinks he's not a big enough name either? i know his handlers said "neither of them are big" but i thought what pirog wanted to do is fight big names or unify belts? this is his chance. plus, if he offered martinez to fight in russia, why can't it happen there? winner would be ranked third or second best MW and deff would be seeked out by either showtime or hbo if they fight someone good afterwards.
      then again, gennady could possibly beat him so i guess it's a big risk if he is indeed holding out for martinez or sturm. he should know that either of those fights aren't going to come anytime soon unless he fights someone as dangerous as golovkin or another top MW contender (since sturm holds the "super" wba belt) to boost him to that next level of exposure or rankings. the winner of this fight would have the right to say "martinez/sturm are ducking me" if the fight doesn't happen afterward. man, this would be the best MW fight that doesn't include martinez. hopefully both golovkin and pirog face other names within the division then.

Comment

I don't believe for a second that either Pirog or Golovkin would turn down a fight versus each other; rather, I believe it's the freaken promoters!! Both these guys have been super inactive the past couple of years so I'm almost certain they would jump at an opportunity to unify.... The promoters are killing this sport!!!

Comment

He has lived on the Daniel Jacobs win for far too long. Time to step up.

Comment

I like both boxers Pirog and Golovkin, but that is too much complaining. They are doing something wrong. Golovkin's last fight was in the ballroom of a hotel in front of maybe 100 people and he flattened the guy in a few seconds, he could have just fought someone from the audience... Dima's last fight was in Krasnodar also known as the mecca of boxing. Fellow russian boxer Lebedev at least manages to fight in Moscow against part time boxer RJJ. No one questions their abilities, but these guys do not even manage to organize a decent title defense. If either of them would be able to organize a title defense against someone like Darren Barker or Murray (or even N'Jikam), these guys would like a title, it would already be a big step ahead. Golovkin and Pirog both have a title, they should do something useful with, the big fights will come, if they use their position as beltholders correctly
            Last edited by makeMeSushiRoll; 02-14-2012, 03:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

well,double post...
              Last edited by makeMeSushiRoll; 02-14-2012, 03:21 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

They should just give a title shot to someone like Antonio Margarito and fight him in Mexico, what is so difficult about that...

Comment

Waah, waah, nobody wants to fight me, waah, waah. Fighters now a days are all about money, not me, waah, waah. Me gonna retire if me no get fight waah, waah

I fucking hate this guy.

Didn't want Lara for some bull****, doesn't want Golovkin because of more BS. Why doesn't he just retire like he said he was gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Waah, waah, nobody wants to fight me, waah, waah. Fighters now a days are all about money, not me, waah, waah. Me gonna retire if me no get fight waah, waah

I fucking hate this guy.

Didn't want Lara for some bull****, doesn't want Golovkin because of more BS. Why doesn't he just retire like he said he was gonna do?
                    As a fan I'm annoyed as well

Comment

Working...
                    X