Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Starts Training For April 21, Mijares Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Starts Training For April 21, Mijares Next?

WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo 'Chemito' Moreno (32-1-1, 11KOs) has begun training for his next fight, according to the boxer's wife, Laguna Rouss. Moreno is getting ready for a possible fight on April 21 in Mexico, which according to a recent report on BoxingScene.com will feature IBF champion Abner Mares in the main event. Last week, Moreno passed a few routine medical examinations and the boxer has begun his camp under the supervision of his coach Celso Chavez. While no opponent has been confirmed, Rouss mentioned the possibility of Moreno facing former champion Cristian Mijares (44-6-2, 20KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxer vs boxer

Moreno by ud

Comment

great news! WBA bantamweight champ Chemito Moreno is a really crafty, fine fighter whose style reminds the skills of hall-of-famers like pernell whitaker and ismael laguna (my personal opinion). i'd like to see chemito against donaire or arce (which is hard as they are promoted by top rank while chemito is GBP fighter).

anyways, for the moment mijares is a good foe, smart and still dangerous (though mijares is no longer in his prime). we wonder which weight moreno and mijares would fight. since august 2010 mijares has been in super bantam, wom the mexican super bantamweight title and his last fight with alejandro valdez (which mijares wom by KO in 3) was in 125 lbs. (featherweight). can mijares @ 30 years of age come back down to 118 lbs strong and fast? we better hope so.

GBP's abner mares would be a good opponent too. Good to see Chemito Moreno back in action.

Comment

Mijares is working with Heredia, who was JMM strength and conditioning coach. Who most know is/was involved in distributing PED's. Even has a video I think of him doping himself smh. And, Mijares been in a decent run recently. Herredia helped JMM out lets see how much he can help Mijares out.

Comment

Mijares got gypped in the first cermeno fight and has really only lost once since Vic. This could be an interesting chess match but Moreno is too good right now.

Comment

Please don't fight a fighter not his prime, fight Rigondeaux instead. Heredia did something to Marquez he's a suspect

Comment

This would be a really good fight if it was the Cristian Mijares of several years ago. As of now it is only mildly interesting though, Mijares' reflexes aren't the same.

Comment

Moreno beat Vic and Vic beat the crap out Mijares pointless fight if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxycom View Post
                  great news! WBA bantamweight champ Chemito Moreno is a really crafty, fine fighter whose style reminds the skills of hall-of-famers like pernell whitaker and ismael laguna (my personal opinion). i'd like to see chemito against donaire or arce (which is hard as they are promoted by top rank while chemito is GBP fighter).

anyways, for the moment mijares is a good foe, smart and still dangerous (though mijares is no longer in his prime). we wonder which weight moreno and mijares would fight. since august 2010 mijares has been in super bantam, wom the mexican super bantamweight title and his last fight with alejandro valdez (which mijares wom by KO in 3) was in 125 lbs. (featherweight). can mijares @ 30 years of age come back down to 118 lbs strong and fast? we better hope so.

GBP's abner mares would be a good opponent too. Good to see Chemito Moreno back in action.
                  Arce got schooled by Mijares, Arce look worse in that fight than he did on the vic Darchinian fight. Arce could not land a single clear punch on Mijaresfor 12 rounds.

That was the prime Mijares now who knows but I'm certantly interested in this bout....Chemito by close unanimous dec. or even split dec.

Comment

Working...
                  X