No announcement yet.

Joe Mesi; It’s Over in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Mesi; It’s Over in Boxing?

Mesi by his own admission says his brain did have bleeding. A subdural hematoma (a localized swelling filled with blood resulting from a break in a blood vessel) caused in his last bout.

Even the neurologist says so but claims the vein that bled no longer exists. This may be true, I am no expert of brain bleeding or damage, but I’ve been around boxing enough to know that another fight could be the end for any fighter much less a fighter that has had damage especially to the brain. Your brain gets rattled with every head blow and as far as I’m concerned, once damaged next blow doesn’t help it get cured. [details]

"This may be true, I am no expert of brain bleeding or damage"

Than you really have no valid opinion on this subject. If the doctors okay him, we are in position as fans to question their expertise.

Comment

I disagree. As fans it isn`t a question of questioning a doctor, it is the fact that if Mesi fights again there is a high possibility that he will be killed in any match he undertakes. Fans have the right to boycott such a traggic state of affairs. Why should Mesi be given the right to juggle with the reputation of boxing for his own gains?
      I can`t understand how a doctor can comfirm Mesi had bleeding in the brain then clear him to fight.
      Mesi, for his own good and the conscience of the opponent who potetially ends his life, should walk away from boxing and be grateful he still has his marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy
        I disagree. As fans it isn`t a question of questioning a doctor, it is the fact that if Mesi fights again there is a high possibility that he will be killed in any match he undertakes. Fans have the right to boycott such a traggic state of affairs. Why should Mesi be given the right to juggle with the reputation of boxing for his own gains?
        I can`t understand how a doctor can comfirm Mesi had bleeding in the brain then clear him to fight.
        Mesi, for his own good and the conscience of the opponent who potetially ends his life, should walk away from boxing and be grateful he still has his marbles.
        If an expert says he is at no greater risk than anybody else, why would you question it. Do you know something everybody else doesn't?

Comment

you guys buy too much into the leaked reports and all the hype his injury has gotten, how many fighters in the 50's and earlier got brain bleeds and never even knew about it? ill bet alot of them, one of the leading neurologists in the country says he is fine, its not like he was in a coma like mcclellan after the fight, the media has made this into a circus, the fact is none of us have seen his mri's and really dont know enough about it, when mesi speaks you can immediatly see he is an intelligent guy, if he thought he could die in the ring do you really think he would still fight? let the guy fight if the doctors clear him

Comment

He should put his health ahead of his pride or he will end up like Ali.

Comment

Working...
            X