No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton Answers His Fan's Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton Answers His Fan's Questions

IBF Light Welter Champion Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton headlines a hotly anticipated Fight Academy promotion at the Hallam FM Arena in Sheffield, England this Saturday when he faces dangerous WBA Champion Carlos Maussa. Hatton is, quite literally, boxing’s equivalent of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; a mild mannered, happy go lucky, down to earth gentleman outside of the ring who transforms into a cold-blooded, calculating, ruthless assassin inside it. Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton is a very rare breed indeed. It's not often sport produces such a dramatic contradiction of alter-ego, but in Hatton, the world of boxing has a unique exponent, a classically equipped fighting machine who incorporates respected "old school" values and morals into a persona rarely encountered in today's game. [details]

thats cool the way they talk.

what i got out of that was that he don't see a floyd/hatton on the horizon.

Comment

JM: Boxing politics and contractual issues aside, hypothetically speaking, if you could only have three fights before you retire, and you were looking to cement your legacy as a true great, which three opponents would you choose to fight from the very rich 140lbs – 147lbs pool?

RH: "I would say Floyd Mayweather, no first probably Miguel Cotto, or Mayweather actually, whatever order, but yeah I'd have to do Mayweather and Cotto to clear up at light welterweight, and that would make me the undisputed champion. I know I'm regarded as the undisputed in many ways, but obviously I'd have all the belts to prove it, and then I think I'd try and move up and fight Zab Judah, and if I could beat Zab Judah then I'd be an undefeated, double weight, undisputed world champion, I think that would be something else."

Comment

Cotto-Hatton 2006! Yeah Baby!!!

Comment

I would love to see a Hatton-Mayweather fight in 2006. I may even try and get to it if it is held in England like Calzaghe-Lacy is.

Comment

Working...
          X