Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio Plans To Use Lemieux Strategy on Chavez Jr For KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio Plans To Use Lemieux Strategy on Chavez Jr For KO

Middleweight contender Marco Antonio Rubio (53-5-1, 46KOs) is ready to make his dream come true on February 4 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Rubio will challenge WBC champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs). Rubio is ready to leave Mexico and travel out to Texas. Rubio wants to make the same impact as he did last April, when he came to Canada and knocked out betting favorite, and undefeated puncher, David Lemieux. The win earned him a shot at the WBC championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

I doubt Rubio would give out his true strategy publicly. Also, it doesn't sound like the right strategy vs. Chavez. The right strategy I think is to let some big right hands fly early in the fight and try to take away Jr's confidence. Rubio needs to be busier than he usually is early in fights.

Comment

he used a lot of pressure & rights & wore the Canadian down, but theb ig thing was when he was wearing down,thought he could have continued &his corner stopped it...w/Jr I know he'll b in good condition & Jr throws high volume of punces, the opposite of Lemiux...I like Jr in late tko...

Comment

I hate when boxers reveal their game plans. Keep it on the hush Rubio damn lol

Comment

That's a horrible strategy to employ against Chavez. Losing for 5 straight rounds isn't going to help him, especially because I'm skeptical he can knock out a 180 pound Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
            I doubt Rubio would give out his true strategy publicly. Also, it doesn't sound like the right strategy vs. Chavez. The right strategy I think is to let some big right hands fly early in the fight and try to take away Jr's confidence. Rubio needs to be busier than he usually is early in fights.
            Yeah, I think Rubio needs to get to work early as you say. Although he probably needs a knockout, if he ends up coming on too late and losing a 'could've gone either way' decision then he's gonna get a lot of criticism and deservedly so.

Chavez, despite his other flaws, is big, strong and well-conditioned at the weight and he was still throwing a lot of punches in the 12th vs Zbik. To win inside the distance or on points he needs to get to work early and start breaking him down because he JC seems to have good stamina..

I don't know what Rubio's gameplan was against Pavlik, but KP was very aggressive and active from the opening bell and Rubio simply never got into the fight.

Chavez isn't as good as that version of Pavlik, but on the other hand he's probably better than Ornelas and Lemieux and will be hard to beat if you lose the early rounds like Rubio did against those two.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              he used a lot of pressure & rights & wore the Canadian down, but theb ig thing was when he was wearing down,thought he could have continued &his corner stopped it...w/Jr I know he'll b in good condition & Jr throws high volume of punces, the opposite of Lemiux...I like Jr in late tko...
              nah I think the corner stopped it at the right time. Lemieux was out on his feet and pretty much defenseless. But lemieux was winning the fight against rubio and it was that 1 right hand that rubio landed in the 6th that turned the whole fight around. I just don't think rubio can do the same with chavez jr because i think jr will be able to take rubio's punches much better plus ariza's conditioning should help him be in the best shape for fight night.

Comment

i hope to see a great battle. its 2 heavy fisted Mexicans of course itll be a great battle. donaire-vasquez will shine as well i cant wait. better than any weird cotto fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  That's a horrible strategy to employ against Chavez. Losing for 5 straight rounds isn't going to help him, especially because I'm skeptical he can knock out a 180 pound Chavez.
                  Hahaha, that's what I was thinking!!!!

Comment

Bad strategy. David punched himself out by throwing nothing but Haymakers for half the fight.

Chavez will take time But....Peter was getting to Jr. before that KO. So maybe Rubio's right.

Comment

Working...
                    X