Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ahmet Oner Has Big Hopes For Cuban Pro Sullivan Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ahmet Oner Has Big Hopes For Cuban Pro Sullivan Barrera

Promoter Ahmet Oner is well known for promoting some of the best Cuban fighters like Yuriorkis Gamboa and Odlanier Solis. Tonight in Philadelphia Oner presents his next up and coming Cuban star in fast rising light heavyweight contender Sullivan Barrera (8-0, 6 KOs). As an amateur Barrera has beaten the likes of former world champion Chad Dawson and current WBA titlist Beibut Shumenov. With only eight pro-fights the hard-hitting 29-year-old has earned himself the #9 spot in the WBA ratings and is very likely to fight for his first professional world title soon.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wait.. the fight fixer?

Comment

I really wish Oner would keep his slimy mitts off our prospects.

Comment

El taliban aint all that

Comment

Is this on nbc i dont se eboxing on nbc tonight

Comment

Oner is another "character" in the biz. SHUMENOV FOUGHT BARRERA IN CUBA WITH A CUBAN REF AND CUBAN JUDGES. SHUMENOV WAS WINNING AND AHEAD ON POINTS AND BARRERA ELBOWED AND HEAD BUTTED SHUMENOV AND CUT HIM OPEN. INSTEAD OF DISQUALIFYING BARRERA, THEY GAVE HIM THE DECISION SAYING SHUMENOV COULDN'T CONTINUE BECAUSE OF A CUT.
            ANYWHERE ELSE, BARRERA WOULD HAVE BEEN DQ'D. ONER IS ANOTHER ONE WHO WOULDN'T KNOW THE TRUTH IF IT BIT HIM IN HISS OWN ASS!

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Promoter Ahmet Oner is well known for promoting some of the best Cuban fighters like Yuriorkis Gamboa and Odlanier Solis. Tonight in Philadelphia Oner presents his next up and coming Cuban star in fast rising light heavyweight contender Sullivan Barrera (8-0, 6 KOs). As an amateur Barrera has beaten the likes of former world champion Chad Dawson and current WBA titlist Beibut Shumenov. With only eight pro-fights the hard-hitting 29-year-old has earned himself the #9 spot in the WBA ratings and is very likely to fight for his first professional world title soon.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              Is this on nbc i dont se eboxing on nbc tonight
              it's on versus. versus is now called nbc sports network

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                it's on versus. versus is now called nbc sports network
                oh wow , thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I really wish Oner would keep his slimy mitts off our prospects.
                  How does that come this bastard promotes all your talented boxers ? Is Rigo also in conctract with him already ?

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
                    How does that come this bastard promotes all your talented boxers ? Is Rigo also in conctract with him already ?
                    Oner promotes Odlanier Solis, Erislandy Lara and Yuriorkis Gamboa. I don't know if he has an interest in any other Cuban fighters. Rigo is not with him. Juan Carlos Gomez and Yan Barthelemy have been with him; I don't know if they still are. Apparently, Oner met Barrera through Gamboa.
                    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 01-21-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X