No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adams Believes Guerrero Better For Floyd Than Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adams Believes Guerrero Better For Floyd Than Canelo

A mega-fight between welterweights Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is still nowhere near a done deal for May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I went to see world renowned trainer Kenny Adams and he weighed in on who he thought would be a better matchup for Mayweather, between Robert Guerrero and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, the two boxers who continue challenge Floyd for the May date. Here’s what he had to say.

[Click Here To Read More]

Guerrero is a ightwt,nothing more w/no heart doesn't have the defense or punch Alvarez has...the only reason FM may go w/him is he's a lefty...more work before Pacfraud...

Comment

Here's an idea...Guerrero should stop talking like a Bit@h! Let Guerrero fight Canelo....my money on Canelo by KO! Mayweather doesn't even know you Guerrero stop name dropping just so a reporter will write about you. Now the trainer s#it is getting old. True fighters just fight not all this Bit@h talk

Comment

Guerrero has never even fought above 135 and is comming off of surgery.
        This fight make no sense at all

Comment

Comment

Kenny Adams is an idiot if he thinks Guerrero is stronger than Alvarez. Not only is Alvarez naturally bigger than Guerrero, but he's from a part of the world where people mature a lot faster. They're both Mexican, but Alvarez was born and raised in Mexico while Guerrero was born and raised in the US. Some may think I'm crazy, but certain countries like the ones in Latin America, Russia, and Eastern Europe posses certain conditions that allow their men and women to mature much faster than here in the US... With that said, I don't think Alvarez is in his prime yet (fully matured), but I also don't think he's that far away. He is 21 now and in my opinion will most likely hit his prime when he's about 23. Fighters in the US, however, and this is also my opinion, seem to prime at about 25.
            Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Is he saying that the Ghost has the tools to compete with Money?

Comment

they both can beat overrated gayfeather

Guerrero can beat mayweather but canelo will destroy him at 154. No doubt about that. Unless the fight gets fix. Gayfeather have been overrated all his life. Don't get to exited gayfeather won't pick canelo, or cotto or martinez. nitramzaid@hotmail.com

Comment

Plus you got the strength of a full grown man with Guerrero as opposed to Canelo who’s just a kid, and that makes a big difference.
                  A lightweight has more strength than a jr middleweight? Man, sometimes I wonder if Golden Boy is paying these guys to say these things.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Arum's only saying this because he knows that a fight with Guerrero will sell far less ppv's than Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X