Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs Mikkel Kessler Rematch Being Targeted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs Mikkel Kessler Rematch Being Targeted?

Danish tabloid Ekstrabladet today writes that Kalle Sauerland, promotor of former WBA and WBC super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler (44-2, 33KOs), has flown to the United States to negotiate a return fight between the the Danish superstar and WBC/WBA champion André Ward (25-0, 13KOs), who won the recent Super Six tournament and owns a 2009 technical decision win over Kessler.

[Click Here To Read More]

Same result I guarantee.

Comment

what the hell is with these rematches of fights that werent competitive ?

cotto - pacquiao 2? (on ppv no less...)

kessler - ward 2?

did the networks even watch the first fights?

Comment

Why?

Why? The fight wasn't even close.

Comment

he should have saved himslef an airfair, Ward isnt going to Denmark, and there is no need for this fight

Comment

I like this fight. I was at the first fight and I thought it was more competitive when seen in person. The hometown advantage was without a doubt a key. I think a Denmark bout on HBO makes sense for Ward. I think he still pulls it off in a hostile environment but having it as a big event with a big crowd in Denmark and on HBO would be big for Ward's career and stardom

Comment

I'd like Ward to move up and fight Dawson at lightheavy or fight Bute.

Comment

Not happening, but if it does, I'm going!

Comment

[QUOTE=New England;11680743]

Hey New England, love that Bennie Briscoe picture?

He and Yaqui Lopes were the greatest fighters never to have won a world title.

My good friend David Love beat Bennie, but Bennie was well past his prime and David was on a run. He beat Bobby "Boogaloo" Watts and Willie "the worm" Monroe, but lost to Curtis Parker for the U.S. middle weight title.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
                    I like this fight. I was at the first fight and I thought it was more competitive when seen in person. The hometown advantage was without a doubt a key. I think a Denmark bout on HBO makes sense for Ward. I think he still pulls it off in a hostile environment but having it as a big event with a big crowd in Denmark and on HBO would be big for Ward's career and stardom

HBO has always shown a reluctance to televise a European match on live TV. The viewership is just never the same when the broadcast starts at 2pm US time.

HBO will obviously want this fight in the US. New York City or Atlantic City would be fair. Sauerland keeps throwing out these huge numbers but I don't see where they are coming from.

Ward doesn't need Kessler, it's not a compelling match at this point. With the fight almost guaranteed to go to the cards and with the scoring and refereeing seen in Sauerland matches (Cunningham-Hernandez, Lebedev-Huck and Helenius-Chisora) it's clear that he would be facing an uphill battle and would have to win 10 rounds clearly to get a draw.

Goossen is too smart to let his man go to Denmark and get tagged with a bull**** loss regardless of what the money is.

Comment

Working...
                    X