No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Mundine Hits Los Angeles To Pursue U.S. Dream

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Mundine Hits Los Angeles To Pursue U.S. Dream

The Sunday Telegraph reports that former multi-division champion Anthony Mundine (43-4, 25KOs) has left Sydney, Australia and is scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles to pursue his dream of becoming a star in the United States. The boxer plans to have a meeting with his new manager, Cameron Dunkin, where the two of them will discuss a possible four-fight promotional deal - with either Top Rank or Golden Boy Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

After his ridiculous comment about 9/11 he's just wasting his time. Anyway he only fights bums.

Comment

lol@the Americans will love his style"...I doubt they loved his comments about 9/11....he hates Americans yet wants to use America for it's money-he is a hypocrite and a crap fighter anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        lol@the Americans will love his style"...I doubt they loved his comments about 9/11....he hates Americans yet wants to use America for it's money-he is a hypocrite and a crap fighter anyways.
        There is no more milking to be had in Aus , they have lost all interest in Mundine because he should have tried the US straight after the Kessler fight , not fight bun after bum until even the Aussies dont want to see him .

What is he 36 going on 40 , well past his best and his best was very chinny .

Comment

Mundine fighting contenders to earn a big fight? Ain't gonna happen. The only contender he'll likely be fighting is Garth Woods again. As usual with Mundine, it's a waste of time. He's never been serious about this so-called dream, it's all smoke and mirrors. His next opponent will be another South American cabbie, another necessary tuneup in the pursuit of a big fight which he will never allow to happen.
          Last edited by Fighting Pride; 01-08-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

He had a meeting with Don King 5 years ago and nothing came off it.

Comment

He had a meeting with Don King 5 years ago and nothing came off it.

I actually seen Mundine up the NSW coast he looks drained. He will get KO'd.

Comment

I'm Australian but I have no hesitation in saying that Mundine is one of the biggest cans ever to be considered legit.

Mundine has decent boxing ability but he also has a highly suspect chin, not to mention that he has hid in Australia fighting nobodies his whole career. The only recognisible names on his resume (with the exception of fellow Australian can Danny Green) are Kessler and Ottke, both of who he lost to (he has the honour of being one of Ottke's 5 ko's).

As for going to the US, all I can say is too little too late. He's been blabbing about going to the States for the last 5 years and nobody cares anymore. Besides, he's probably only going to avoid a trilogy with ATG P4Per and respected Australian boxing legend Garth Wood. Did I say ATG P4Per and respected Australian boxing legend? My bad, I meant to say former rugby player with less than 15 professional fights and the winner of the Australian edition of The Contender, Garth "From Da Hood" Wood.

As others have pointed out Mundine is already 36, which is far too late to become accustomed to training overseas or begin fighting credible opponents. I guess the only option left for him is to follow the Calzaghe blueprint, fight cans your whole career and beat one or two big name fighters well past their primes, then declare yourself a legend (this particularly won't be a problem for Mundine seeing as he's been doing it since he won a belt).

lol You never know, maybe we could be seeing Mundine coaxing De La Hoya or Trinidad out of retirement in the near future, or maybe Mundine could take on Jermaine Taylor if Taylor loses another few fights.

Whatever Mundine chooses to do, no one will be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  The Sunday Telegraph reports that former multi-division champion Anthony Mundine (43-4, 25KOs) has left Sydney, Australia and is scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles to pursue his dream of becoming a star in the United States. The boxer plans to have a meeting with his new manager, Cameron Dunkin, where the two of them will discuss a possible four-fight promotional deal - with either Top Rank or Golden Boy Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  he think he's REALLY The Man!!! ...GTFOH, dude aint good at all imo...smh

Comment

Well wake up fool cause that dream ain't happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X