No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio: Chavez Jr. Can Not Get Away Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio: Chavez Jr. Can Not Get Away Now

Middleweight Marco Antonio Rubio (53-5-1, 46KOs) can't wait to get his hands on WBC champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs). They clash on February 4th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Rubio wants Chavez Jr. to take good care of the belt because it's going to be the last fight where he owns the respected title. Rubio is focused on closing the fight strong with a knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope Rubio KTFO of Chavez, Rubio is a decent journeyman but he should be good enough, however I doubt it.

the ref and the judges will be helping out Chavez as much as possible. I wouldn't be suprised if the doctor stopped it on a BS cut, the ref stopping it quick if Rubio gets buzzed or just a good old fashioned robbery if it goes the distance.

Chavez ducked Martinez and is fighting Rubio for a reason, Rubio is a guy who Chavez can beat with a little help and Martinez would just destroy the coward.

* people are big on Rubio because he beat Lemieux but that guy was a over hyped bum, as his next fight and loss against Alcine proved that. other then that Rubio quit against Pavlik

in 2009 this was said about Rubio

"I don’t know how Rubio was ever able to score all those 37 knockouts on his record of 43-5-1. They had to have been really bad fighters for him to knockout out that many guys because he looked like he looked as if he couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Pavlik looked sloppy throughout the fight and missed with quite a few of his shots."

"Rubio with heavy shots in the 8th and 9th rounds, leading to Marco quitting at the end of the 9th. Rubio, a hard hitter, was thought to be someone that would give Pavlik a reasonably tough fight."

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      I hope Rubio KTFO of Chavez, Rubio is a decent journeyman but he should be good enough, however I doubt it.

the ref and the judges will be helping out Chavez as much as possible. I wouldn't be suprised if the doctor stopped it on a BS cut, the ref stopping it quick if Rubio gets buzzed or just a good old fashioned robbery if it goes the distance.

Chavez ducked Martinez and is fighting Rubio for a reason, Rubio is a guy who Chavez can beat with a little help and Martinez would just destroy the coward.

* people are big on Rubio because he beat Lemieux but that guy was a over hyped bum, as his next fight and loss against Alcine proved that. other then that Rubio quit against Pavlik

in 2009 this was said about Rubio

"I don’t know how Rubio was ever able to score all those 37 knockouts on his record of 43-5-1. They had to have been really bad fighters for him to knockout out that many guys because he looked like he looked as if he couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag. Pavlik looked sloppy throughout the fight and missed with quite a few of his shots."

"Rubio with heavy shots in the 8th and 9th rounds, leading to Marco quitting at the end of the 9th. Rubio, a hard hitter, was thought to be someone that would give Pavlik a reasonably tough fight."
      I also am not impressed with Rubio, although I hope he wins. The Pavlik fight he looked bad and even in the Lemieux I thought he looked like garbage but Lemieux started getting tired. He's there to be hit and if Chavez has any power he should be able to take him out. Then again Chavez couldn't take out Zbik so who knows.

Comment

Lol

While I'm not impressed with jcc jr he looked pretty good against manfredo and roach has him boxing and looked decent i wont lie , Rubio is exactly that a journeyman that's tough .. Jcc wins this with ease please c'mon

Comment

in arum staged fights winners win and losers lose. both get paid handsomely though.
          that's just the way it is.

Comment

With all of this talk. I got a feeling that Rubio is not going to beat Chavez Jr.

Comment

I have a 50 million wager going around that JCC jr will win... any takers?

Comment

Jr. by KO.

Comment

The hate jr gets around here is amazing. Yeah man lets throw jr into the wolves against martinez one of the best if not the best in the world even though jr is just getting into his own.

Comment

If it took Pavlik 9 rounds to stop Rubio and Rubio could not be stopped by David Lemieux, there is no way in hell JCC Jr. is stopping Rubio. Rubio however better KO JCC jr. because no way they will allow him to get the decision. 7 out of the last 9 fights for JCC jr. went the distance, and the 2 stoppages were to B-C level fighters. Please, JCC jr. isn't stopping anyone at the elite level and the quicker he is knocked out the better, he should not be where he is anyways. He was not put in the ring with a top fighter until his 43rd fight? Cmon, that is absurd. Oh and let's not forget the 2 BS decisions he got over Vanda and Zbik. He is garbage....

WAR Veneno!

Comment

Working...
                    X