Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio's Promoter Feels That Sergio Martinez Overreacted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio's Promoter Feels That Sergio Martinez Overreacted

Reginaldo Kuchle, the promoter for Marco Antonio Rubio, believes Sergio Martinez may have overreacted to being unable to secure a fight with WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Martinez vacated the WBC's Diamond title and walked away from the sanctioning body after they failed to push through an ordered fight with Chavez. The WBC, at their 49th annual convention, ordered Chavez to fight Martinez, but then allowed the Mexican champion to Rubio on February 4th. Martinez also had angry words for HBO, because the network was supporting Chavez's fight with Rubio.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Reginaldo Kuchle, the promoter for Marco Antonio Rubio, believes Sergio Martinez may have overreacted to being unable to secure a fight with WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Martinez vacated the WBC's Diamond title and walked away from the sanctioning body after they failed to push through an ordered fight with Chavez. The WBC, at their 49th annual convention, ordered Chavez to fight Martinez, but then allowed the Mexican champion to Rubio on February 4th. Martinez also had angry words for HBO, because the network was supporting Chavez's fight with Rubio.

[Click Here To Read More]
    someone needs to tell this guy Martinez will never be in Arum's agenda for Chavez jr, period. They're already talking about him facing Cotto after the Rubio fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Rubio's Promoter Feels That Sergio Martinez Overreacted
      Rubio is right. Sergio Martinez and his team acted childishly and unprofessionally. Nothing new for Team Martinez.

Comment

lol... unprofessional? Maybe, but I'd be pretty angry if my belt was taken and given to some little prick. Plus the fact he'll always be next in line without ever being able to step up to the plate..... yea I'd be pissed.
        Good he let go of that "belt"

Comment

yeah he over reacted because he was being dicked around. HBO will suck Arum's c.ock because they don't want him to take Pacquaio away.

as a long as Arum controls Pacquiao he has the networks by the balls. Networks and Boxing writer are scared s.hitless. Pacquiao sells and everybody wants to suck on that tit until it's dry.

that's Arum pulls all the sh.it, because nobody will stand up to him. Greenburg did and lost his job.

as long as Arum has Pacquiao he'll push through frauds like Chavez all day.

Comment

What is Zoolander going to do if he does not fight on HBO? Fight on Showtime? That's all he can do because he can't sell out a 2k seat room.

Comment

Its sad to hear about Sergio Martinez and how he is just not getting those big cash fights he wants.

But as I have said a million times he should not have signed with Lou again.
              Being the top 5 p4p fighter he is he should have signed with GB or TR. In the boxing business unfortunately loyalty is for suckers. Had he signed with TR I believe he would be getting ready to fight Cotto or Chavez already, and if he was with GB he would be in line for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by jclooney View Post
                What is Zoolander going to do if he does not fight on HBO? Fight on Showtime? That's all he can do because he can't sell out a 2k seat room.
                Chavez has done ZERO to get the treatment and protection he's getting. if he doesn't want to fight Martinez fine, then he should vacate his belt and leave it at that. if Martinez still wanted a fight after that then Chavez could use the money excuse.

I'm sorry but the son is a coward for not facing his mandatory opponent, a fight which the WBC ordered and Chavez ignored. which is cool but if he doesn't want to play the rules vacate the title.

Sr was a great but Jr is a far cry from a Mexican warrior.

Comment

Martinez did not overreact he did the right thing and said he is not going to be a B.I.T.C.H. for the WBC and HBO.... He gave them the finger and told them to suck it.... He has showtime now and therefore he still has a job.... Everyone knows Chavez Jr. is a fake fighter only got big b/c of his dad and his dad probably wishes he had a girl instead of Jr. LOL all boxing organizations are being rig. If I were Martienz I would sue the WBC for giving out false information.

Comment

Working...
                  X