No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Views Morales vs. Garcia as a 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Views Morales vs. Garcia as a 50-50 Fight

Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya expects a tough give and take battle on January 28th, when Erik Morales (52-7, 36KOs) defends his WBC junior welterweight title against undefeated Danny Garcia (22-0, 14KOs) at the Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Of course he does,he promotes both of umm..I got Garcia by UD...

Comment

50 - 50?

Oh my. Why these two are being considered a great match-up is beyond me. Morales looked looked BAAAAAD in September. He was a great champion and deserves our respect but relevant to the current BOXING SCENE he is not. Lets move-on Golden Boy and find another way to sell fights short of using one mans name to attract interest to a fight.

Comment

imo this isn't anywhere near 50/50. morales might be a tough dude that'll give anyone trouble, but i don't see him beating garcia at this stage of his career. morales should've fought matthysse or marquez, those would have been great fights for him. good luck to morales, but it's just hard for me to see him coming out on top in this one, bad style matchup for him.

Comment

this fight is a 50-50 due to the fact that Morales is closer to finished than fresh, but I dont see why people count him out so quick. They did against Madiana and he made alot of people eat their words. I dont see how beating Holt and Campbell make Garcia a world class fighter. He is a good kid with solid boxing skills, but he isnt that big a puncher at least not bigger than ones Erik has fought before, if he tries to rush Morales then he could end up getting countered himself. I think it will go to a decision with Garcia winning the early rounds and eventually Erik will find his rhythm and make it a close fight. I say MD or SD in favor of the champion considering hell be fighting in Texas and if Garcia cant completely dominate the rounds then the close ones will go to the champ.

Either way props to both for taking this fight, hopefully I can make it to H-town to watch this live.

Comment

Working...
          X