No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pawel Wolak Retires Days After Rematch Rodriguez Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pawel Wolak Retires Days After Rematch Rodriguez Loss

Junior middleweight Pawel Wolak abruptly retired today, according to postings on his official Twitter and Facebook accounts just four days after he lost via unanimous decision in a rematch with Delvin Rodriguez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good to hear. His style was going to eventually lead him to some serious permanent damage.

Wish him the best though, Wolak's a good guy.

Comment

We will never forget what you did for The People, Pawel:

Stay safe, warrior.

Comment

wow that's a bit of a shocker.

but I agree he does take a lot of punishment, not good in the long run so probably best he gets out now. His beating of Yuri Foreman was a fantastic performance and pretty surprising at the time. Of course his wars with Rodriguez will be remembered the most.

Entertaining fighter

Comment

Damn, that loss must be really bothering him.

Shame that he made it to the big leagues and to fade away after just a loss. But if you aren't into it mentally, then its best to step away.

I was still homering for a Cotto/Wolak fight since it would have been fire for the duration. Good luck Pawel

Comment

unexpected. gotta wish the guy all the best

his war with rodriguez (and his style over the course of his career,) must have had quite an effect on him.

he's an honest guy. whatever he decides to do i'll understand and support. he might get tempted out of retirement with a payday.

his first fight with rodriguez was an instant classic

Comment

Good for him. He knows when to go, Something that is very rare in boxing

Comment

respect to the working man

Comment

Sucks to hear this. Pawel was one hell of an action fighter, and will be sorely missed in the boxing world.

Best of luck in retirement, hopefully he gets in the gym to help show youngsters that despite a lack of skill, will can overcome a lot inside the ring.

Comment

Wow, just months ago he was coming off of a really good win over Yuri Foreman and now he's calling it a day... He could have stuck around and made a few more paydays but I guess he knows when it's time...

Much respect to him and all the best...

Comment

Working...
                    X