Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Cotto-Margarito 2: An Eye For An Eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Cotto-Margarito 2: An Eye For An Eye

by David P. Greisman - No wound pierces deeper or heals slower than a wound about which nothing can be done.

Miguel Cotto no longer showed the physical toll his face and body had taken from Antonio Margarito in July 2008. Three and a half years later, however, the mental scars had yet to fade — rather, they were more noticeable than ever.

Cotto could never truly prove that Margarito had cheated, that the tampered hand wraps found before Margarito fought Shane Mosley had also been worn before.

Cotto never needed to convince anyone but himself.

That belief first placed him in the role of victim, of a man wronged and not willing to allow Margarito to further benefit from it. The action in the first fight promised profit in a rematch. The drama of the subsequent scandal meant even more money could be made.

That belief cut to his core, though. The wound could pierce no deeper.

His resolve against a rematch softened. The millions he’d be paid helped.

His rage against Margarito remained. No number would be worth as much to him as revenge. [Click Here To Read More]

There is an old Buddhist proverb: "An eye for an eye".

What this means is revenge between too combantants can only mean destruction for both eyes. No eye is safe in this case. Making defence all the more important. Cotto has wonderful defence and that was the difference in the match.

Comment

A loss he doesn't feel he deserves.

Poetic justice at its best.

Revenge doesn't come better.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

A win that many people didn´t consider a real win. Poetic justice by Margo, he still was the hero and in my eyes won the rematch also.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
          A win that many people didn´t consider a real win. Poetic justice by Margo, he still was the hero and in my eyes won the rematch also.
          LOL will you guys stop with this **** already ? It's ****ing annoying when kids can't take an L. Both fanbases are such sore losers.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            and in my eyes won the rematch also.
            You're kidding, right?

-David
            twitter.com/fightingwords2
            facebook.com/fightingwordsboxing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post
              You're kidding, right?

-David
              twitter.com/fightingwords2
              facebook.com/fightingwordsboxing
              He's a troll.

Pay him no mind.

Even his best fans aren't that stupid.

Comment

Cotto "hits like a girl" because he can't really hurt Margs or knock him out, etc. Margarito drives me crazy, though...I'm a fan of his but I can't stand the fact that he NEVER cuts off the ring.

I think he could have knocked out Cotto in the rematch if he would have just cut him off but he's the only pressure fighter in boxing who refuses to cut off the ring. BLows my mind.

Comment

its funny how maragrito still gettin payed millions and in someway won last nights fight,margarito went into nyc and followed cotto around the ring like a real g.now cotto takin credit for what paquiao did,hhaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

I liked that as well, great point by the writer.

Margarito suffered a loss that he feels he doesn't deserve.

An eye for an eye, pun intended.

Cotto will sleep well tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X