No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rios Batters Murray, Rodriguez and Jones Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Rios Batters Murray, Rodriguez and Jones Win

Madison Square Garden, New York City - Former WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios (29-0-1, 21 KOs) punished John Murray (31-2, 18 KOs) before stopping him in the eleventh round. At the time of the stoppage, Murray's face was a complete mess and both of his eyes were badley swollen. [Click Here To Read More]

They say Rios-Alvarado could be next @140

I'm favoring Mile High.

Comment

Rios looked weak as hell, I was stunned at his performance, had he been 100% he would have gotten the job done before the 6 or 7th round. Rodriguez-Wolak also delivered, as a whole it was a good night of boxing. Mike Jones however disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Rios looked weak as hell, I was stunned at his performance, had he been 100% he would have gotten the job done before the 6 or 7th round. Rodriguez-Wolak also delivered, as a whole it was a good night of boxing. Mike Jones however disappointed.
        I think he loses power and stamina fighting at 147.

He should move to 154.

Comment

I take my hat off to Murray. I knew he was over matched going into this fight and I screamed foul when I first heard the fight was made. But Murray impressed me with his heart tonight. He really did try and give it his all.

Time for Rios to step up. He needs to fight Mathysse or Maidana. Enough of this kid being protected. Let's get it on.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            I think he loses power and stamina fighting at 147.

He should move to 154.
            Mike Jones right? I think so too man, he looked a lot better in the rematch against Soto Karass.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              They say Rios-Alvarado could be next @140

I'm favoring Mile High.
              Damn...That would be a war.I would favor mike as well,Hes a big jww.

Comment

I see Rios becoming a serious force at Jr WW, if he's that strong at LW having to kill himself to make weight, I can't imagine how strong he'll be at 140. I predict it's gonna be similar to Cotto and Ortiz's move up to 147 from 140. I got Brandon over Alvarado

Comment

respect to murray for doing all he can. didn't like rios performance that much, but i don't really care, i'm more excited to know that he is moving up to 140 now. i remember him saying he didn't have a strength and conditioning coach at one time. i'm not sure if he has one now, but i think he should get one. rios imo is going to be better and stronger at 140. bring on alvarado! what a good fight that'll be

Comment

Rios fought ok..he needs to make wt as his strength was evident in the wear'm down style he has...Alvarado would be xcellent match but he doesn't need it...Mike@ his age needs to move quick...congrats to Murray who gave his all...Jones dissapoints in his time to shine vs a very avg opponent...IBF champ is the only 1 he can beat...

Comment

Working...
                    X