Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm: Pirog is The Toughest To Beat, Golovkin Overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sturm: Pirog is The Toughest To Beat, Golovkin Overrated

WBA "super" middleweight champion Felix Sturm is days away from a scheduled defense against undefeated British boxer Martin Murray. The year is almost over and several challengers are ready to take Sturm on. Sturm sat down with Abendblatt and discussed a number of subjects - including the reasons for the failed negotiations to make a rematch with Matthew Macklin, whether he plans to face his mandatory Gennady Golovkin and more.e art.

[Click Here To Read More]

Middleweight Match-Ups

I really wish Sergio would just fight the other middleweight champions. People talk about him being in a division with no good match ups as though he's already cleaned up. I would love to see him fight Strum & then the winner of the proposed Prog V Geale match up. Of course there's the Chavez fight too but he's probably wasting his time chasing Top Rank fighters at this point.

Comment

Middleweight is becomming a stacked division!!!

I agree Sergio Martinez better step up. But I'm sure, that he's waiting for the outcome of the Pacquiao - Mayweather negotiations, as he might have a shot of fighting Mayweather instead, and geet the payday of his life.

Comment

Pirog rules in that division,even Martinez knows that.Martinez should stop going after small guys and try to fight people in his own division.Some of the people in there are not big punchers but they neutralise his strengths

Comment

i agree, golovkin is very overrated. . . the only time he has stepped up to C+/B- level competition, against a welterweight, he got knocked around and outboxed for long intervals. . . ill give him credit, he did come back to stop him in the 10th. . . but he looked very one dimensional. . . inside banger with a high guard and decent head movement. . . no foot speed. . hand speed average. . but im sorry, if a natural WW, shot ouma can make you work like that, imagine what a real real MW with power would do?

I WANT to like golovkin, even though he's been ducking the french cameroonian n'jikam. . . but his amateur accomplishments don't mean shyt anymore.

Comment

Sturm know that Golovkin kick his azz and Pirog azz in the same night

Comment

If Golovkin is so overrated, why didn't Sturm have the balls to fight him when he was his mandatory? Why doesn't he have the balls to fight him now? Oh, that's right, he is busy fighting the mighty Martin Murray instead. And maybe after that, Ronald Hearns will be available for a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
                Sturm know that Golovkin kick his azz and Pirog azz in the same night
                kassim ouma. . . /THREAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
                  I really wish Sergio would just fight the other middleweight champions. People talk about him being in a division with no good match ups as though he's already cleaned up. I would love to see him fight Strum & then the winner of the proposed Prog V Geale match up. Of course there's the Chavez fight too but he's probably wasting his time chasing Top Rank fighters at this point.
                  Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Middleweight is becomming a stacked division!!!

I agree Sergio Martinez better step up. But I'm sure, that he's waiting for the outcome of the Pacquiao - Mayweather negotiations, as he might have a shot of fighting Mayweather instead, and geet the payday of his life.
                  Why does he need to "step up"? He tried to get a fight with Sturm and Sturm was not interested. Pirog wants him to fight in "Motha Russia" for that fight to take place and if a Sturm won't fight outside of his backyard either.

These other clowns need to step up like Martinez did to get where he is at now. He came over from his home in Spain to fight in the states, to train here, to live here. He moved up in weight to gain notariety and find success, now people just want to talk about who he hasn't fought and how he needs to prove more while these other "champs" won't leave their backyards for fear of losing their paper titles and are fighting scrubs on the whole. Pirog has one singular win against a propect....Martinez is fighting undefeated guys and HBO staple fighters all on HBO while these other guys can't even get invited to fight on HBO.

Martinez has done eons more than these other dudes to earn his right as the MW king.....some other fighters out there could learn a thing or two from him.

Comment

its a shame most of the european champions dont fancy coming over to the states to fight martinez

sturm is actually known in the US and it should generate a decent gate if he fought martinez. if the other champions were really interested in martinez they would approach fighters like barker or macklin as measuring stick fights

pretty sure martinez will go through macklin although he's actually pretty decent but the #3 p4p should be making more money at this point

Comment

Working...
                    X