No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Good, Bad And Ugly of Saturday’s Evening of Rematches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Good, Bad And Ugly of Saturday’s Evening of Rematches

By Jake Donovan - There are three different stories surrounding three separate rematches taking place on Saturday evening. Two are staged in the very same building, while the third plays to a venue on the other side of the country.

No matter the distance between them, or the relevance of each fight, all three have fight fans abuzz.

The long awaited grudge rematch between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito has captured most of the headlines prior to and during fight week, and for very good reason. The bad blood alone makes their return go at Madison Square Garden must see TV, no matter the price.

Such a statement will truly be put to the test, given the $54.95 price tag attached while competing against a Showtime telecast that comes with your monthly subscription to the network.

Whether it’s by accident or was done just to spite HBO for the sake of competition, Showtime’s bantamweight doubleheader is as good of a card as the network has aired all year.

The lead-in fight is a true pick-‘em, with Anselmo Moreno making his stateside debut in a dangerous bantamweight title defense against former two-division champ Vic Darchinyan.

However, it’s the headliner that has fans truly salivating, as Abner Mares and Joseph Agbeko return less than four months after the controversy surrounding their Showtime Bantamweight tournament Finals matchup, in hopes of settling all debates.

Which one do you choose? The way the cards are staggered, it’s not out of the [Click Here To Read More]

For what it's worth, and apparently that's $54.95 on pay per view, boxing needs a good show on Saturday. The last 2 main events have been horrible. I'm really starting to believe what I've been joking about for a while now, Mayweather - Pacquaio is never going to happen.

After their last 2 outings, i'm not confident either one of them deserve to be considered PFP Champ. But I now favor May over Pac if it did ever occur.

COTTO KO's Margarita in OCHO!

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post
      For what it's worth, and apparently that's $54.95 on pay per view, boxing needs a good show on Saturday. The last 2 main events have been horrible. I'm really starting to believe what I've been joking about for a while now, Mayweather - Pacquaio is never going to happen.

After their last 2 outings, i'm not confident either one of them deserve to be considered PFP Champ. But I now favor May over Pac if it did ever occur.

COTTO KO's Margarita in OCHO!
      I can't agree with you. The last main event was Pacquiao-Marquez. That was a good fight. Maybe u don't agree with the decision afterwards but the fight itself was good. Now the two before, Floyd-Victor and Hopkins-Dawson both blew ****s. Maybe you were just referencing those two.

Comment

Nice breakdown in the article. It stinks I will miss the mares agbeko bout. Looking forward to the PPv, though its pricey, I am very happy that this has a stacked undercard and great Main event. Im sure we will get our moneys worth with the wolak rodriguez fight alone. Cant wait for Saturday night!
        Last edited by Rikanlynx86; 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I can't afford the Margarito-Cotto PPV, or I'd be ordering it without hesitation. Don't care how pointless it is, you don't see grudge matches like this very often.

I will be watching Agbeko-Mares 2, hopefully we get a clean fight this time.

Comment

Working...
          X