Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Alexander Gets KO’d The First Time He Slips Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Alexander Gets KO’d The First Time He Slips Up

"I am ready and I am sharp. I have a whole new plan. I'm gonna shock the world with my agility and skill level," says Roy Jones, Jr. ahead of his December 10 showdown with Max Alexander in Atlanta.

Jones has spent most of his time training out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Despite his busy schedule commentating for HBO’s Boxing After Dark series, he has still been able to dedicate himself to training, improving his boxing intensity and conditioning during camp. [Click Here To Read More]

i used to watch jones out of respect for the guy but after Lebedev i'll never watch him again. just retire roy while u still have a half decent record

Comment

roy you better not get ko'd again if you slip up.. you should have been hung em up..

Comment

I wish some fighter out there puts this guy in a coma, please somebody.
        Last edited by iniduoh; 11-27-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Roy Jones is with out a doubt one of the all time greats maybe in the top 5 if not top 10. His skills in his prime put Floyd Mayweather's to shame with out a doubt. That being said all he is doing by continuing to fight is tarnish his legacy his record and his health. Someone needs to step up and tell him he doesn't have it anymore that he is going to risk his future career as a commentator and not be able to function in society if he keeps it up. I really enjoy it when he calls a fight and I hope he doesn't risk that because he doesn't know when to say when. Maybe he wants to go out on a win which i can understand but this needs to be his last fight win lose or draw.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoney123 View Post
            Roy Jones is with out a doubt one of the all time greats maybe in the top 5 if not top 10. His skills in his prime put Floyd Mayweather's to shame with out a doubt. That being said all he is doing by continuing to fight is tarnish his legacy his record and his health. Someone needs to step up and tell him he doesn't have it anymore that he is going to risk his future career as a commentator and not be able to function in society if he keeps it up. I really enjoy it when he calls a fight and I hope he doesn't risk that because he doesn't know when to say when. Maybe he wants to go out on a win which i can understand but this needs to be his last fight win lose or draw.
            top 5 my ass.. look if you still fighting and getting knocked out it counts against you.. bhop is not getting ko'd, james toney isn't glen johnson, george foreman didn't etc etc. etc.. i know you fans but keep it 100.. roy ducked a few guys back in the day and we know why now.. he got a glass jaw..
            Last edited by JibbaJabber; 11-27-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoney123 View Post
              .............no

Comment

JibbaJabber - Don't be an idiot! ANYTHING a fighter does after his prime don't count against his prime fool. Jones was a natural 160-158 fighter who was never knocked out at those weights. Only when he fought bigger guys. Go learn something about boxing before prosting.
                Last edited by richardt; 11-27-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

With ALL due respect I DEFINITELY do not believe what happens at the end of a man's career counts against him and his prime...Ali lost to Spinks, Holmes and Berbick..SUGAR RAY ROBINSON lost to a whole bunch of guys he never would have lost to...Larry Holmes lost to Neilsen...etc etc etc...what counts is a man and his PRIME, period...

Comment

I hope Roy wins this fight and decides to hang up the gloves. He has had a great career and has many things he can do outside the ring with his commentating, family, charity, etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X