Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Max Alexander: Roy Goes In Six Or I’ll Forfeit My Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Max Alexander: Roy Goes In Six Or I’ll Forfeit My Purse

Max Alexander understands his current place in the boxing world. Inactive for two years and without a win in his past six fights, few if any give him any chance at all of coming out on top in his December 10 showdown with the legendary Roy Jones Jr. at the Atlanta (GA) Civic Center.

For that very reason, Alexander didn’t hesitate to accept assignment, one the cruiserweight views as the opportunity of a lifetime when he squares off against the 12-time world champion in four weight classes who is destined for the Boxing Hall of Fame.

Not only is the Camden (NJ)-based fighter confident of victory, he goes as far as to guarantee when the fight will end and literally willing to put his money where his mouth is.

“I have been working hard, training hard, and I will knock out Roy Jones, Jr. by the 6th round,” says Alexander (14-5-2, 2KO), who participated in Season Three of the boxing reality show ‘The Contender.’ “If I don’t KO him by 6th Rd I will forfeit my purse. Roy doesn’t stand a chance against me. I am 6’2” with a 76” reach and I have a right hand that will put Roy to sleep.” [Click Here To Read More]

2 ko's in 14 fights, sure.

Comment

Everything about this fight is a joke...

Comment

I have no idea who Max Alexander is. Bad times for RJJ.

Comment

I wonder how much Jones is making for this ''fight''

only when he starts losing to guys like Alexander will we see Jones retire

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            I wonder how much Jones is making for this ''fight''

only when he starts losing to guys like Alexander will we see Jones retire
            Lol if i had to guess - I'd say he's guaranteed a purse of like 25k. . . And then he gets something ridiculous like a 80-90% cut from the internet PPV buys! and the live gate. . .

If this fight does a few thousand buys, and draws a few thousand people - Roy could walk away with 50-60k!

Comment

Tiozzo - i think you;re aboslutly right. . . haha after all - he does hold wins as of late over Jeff Lacy and Omar Sheika! They are both a cut above this max alexander character. . .

I've no doubt Jones will win this, and once again find a way to land a fight against a pretty good fighter at cruiserweight. . .

Comment

Is this the contender guy?????

Comment

If Roy loss this fight they should literally take his license and tear it up right there in the ring

Comment

Anything is possible in boxing I wouldn't count Max out to do it. Roy has a sweet soft spot on the side of his head and been Ko'd 3 times in almost the same spot by Green, Johnson and now Lebedev. I would like to see RJJ pull off a Lacy performance and go out with a win December 10th but we will see next month.

Comment

Working...
                    X