Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Back in L.A., Reflects on Win over McEwan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Back in L.A., Reflects on Win over McEwan

Middleweight prospect Peter Quillin returned stateside Sunday evening after his HBO debut the night before concluded with a sixth-round stoppage of Craig McEwan in Cancun.

[Click Here To Read More]

I like Peter a lot. We've spoken quiet a few times on BBM. Really down to earth guy. I think he got a big future ahead of him.

Comment

i don't see how he can walk around thinking he won that fight. . . smh. . . yeah i wonder why the ref stopped it so early? because you were the guy who was "supposed" to win. . . golden boy made sure ref wouldn't let your feeble ass get taxed and stopped late. . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        i don't see how he can walk around thinking he won that fight. . . smh. . . yeah i wonder why the ref stopped it so early? because you were the guy who was "supposed" to win. . . golden boy made sure ref wouldn't let your feeble ass get taxed and stopped late. . .
        Why all the hate? He was going to stop him late anyway. It's not like he was losing the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
          Why all the hate? He was going to stop him late anyway. It's not like he was losing the fight.
          how do you know he was going to stop him? he was winning the fight, but it was being fought on fairly even terms. . . he was getting hit by mcewan, and he's never been long in a fight. . . just not impressed by him. he'll get beat once he fights a guy with a punch. Hope Andy Lee, Pirog, or Golovkin gets a hold of him next.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            how do you know he was going to stop him? he was winning the fight, but it was being fought on fairly even terms. . . he was getting hit by mcewan, and he's never been long in a fight. . . just not impressed by him. he'll get beat once he fights a guy with a punch. Hope Andy Lee, Pirog, or Golovkin gets a hold of him next.
            You could've just said that (the bolded part) two posts ago and spared us the rest of the nonsense that followed.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
              You could've just said that (the bolded part) two posts ago and spared us the rest of the nonsense that followed.
              That poster is usually filled with nonsense.

Comment

quillin is a boring fighter, dirty headbutt throwing kind of guy. get some coffee ready when watching this guys fights.

Comment

lol what's up with the kid chocolate hate? Dude is a solid fighter, plus if you've watched any of his video's he's very charismatic, funny, etc. He's a good guy.

The stoppage was premature but I have no doubt he was on his way of knocking him the F out. Good win for Peter, hopefully another step up in his next fight.

Comment

I thought McEwan was starting to come on in the round the ref stopped the fight. Quillin does fade late in 10 rounders and has never fought 12. given that McEwan could have wore him down and won. just because a fighter wins most of the fight doesn't mean he's going to win. look at Lee vs McEwan.

I think GBP didn't want to leave it to chance and informed the ref to stop it.
                    Golden Boy has been doing this **** a lot lately. Marquez vs Katsidis was stopped early, Agbeko vs Mares, you can even say Alvarez vs Gomez was stopped early because the ginger was uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                    X