No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shumenov, Goossen Tutor Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shumenov, Goossen Tutor Part Ways

Light heavyweight titlist Beibut Shumenov and Goossen Tutor Promotions have settled their lawsuit and the disputes between them. They have agreed that their Promotional Contract is terminated and have amicably parted ways.

Shumenov (12-1, 8 KOs), a 2004 Kazakhstan Olympian, is promoted by Las Vegas-based KZ Event Productions, which is owned and operated by the Shumenov brothers, Beibut and Chingis.

"I want to fight the best to be considered the best 175 pounder in the world," Shumenov said. "I've heard that (Nathan) Cleverly, who won the WBO title after (Juergen) Braehmer was stripped, and (IBF champion Tavoris) Cloud have mentioned my name, but, truth be told, we have never been contacted by either one of their promoters to unify.

"All of these guys talking about unifying, well, if they really want to make it happen, all they have to do is contact us. I told Pascal that I'm from Kazakhstan, he lives in Canada; so, we should fight in the capital of boxing, Las Vegas. Same goes for Cleverly, who is from the United Kingdom.

"I'm getting ready and looking forward to a fresh New Year. Hopefully, one of the other light heavyweight world champions will put his title belt on the line against mine in a unification fight in 2012." [Click Here To Read More]

A guy who has zero following in North America and won his belts via highway robbery is trying to dictate that Pascal or Cleverly fight him in a neutral site? Seriously delusional, considering how much money those guys can make by staying at home. If he wants to make a real name for himself he's going to have to hit the road. He's got a crowd pleasing style and is a good tv fighter but if he wants to make big fights he's going to have follow the money.

Comment

Crazy to go to Canada!

Like Mr. Chargin said, they wouldn't refuse any fair offer. Fair would be a neutral site. Hell, Pascal doesnt even have a belt and Cleverly....he really didn't win a belt. He got it by default. I think thats fair to say that if people are going to say Shumenov got his via robbery. So to say Shumenov needs to hit the road is bull. He is the champ, he has a belt. So a neutral site only makes sense for him. In the article Mr. Chargin says they have not even been contacted by Cleverly's people? Beibut is exciting to watch. And yes, he does have a fan base. A fan base that is building with each fight. Is it 13 fights under his belt right? God forbid you give the guy the credit he deserves and some time to create a fanbase...he's only been busy winning a world title.

Comment

Shumenov supporters would gain more respect if they stopped saying **** like he "won" a title. He didn't. Everyone knows he lost to Campillo. He was given a title. That being said, he's an entertaining fighter. But if he had balls, he would fight Campillo again. If he actually beats him, then he can talk big. Until then, he sounds like Huck after he "beat" Lebedev

Comment

Sick of hearing about Campillo. His handlers are no good, bad news. Maybe thats why he isn't getting title fights? Blame Sampson and his stupidy. Yea, Shumenov is gonna have to unify to prove himself but he's not stupid nor are the people who manage him. Remember boxing is a business. They are not about to make a bad business move. At this point I hear unification. Campillo has nothing to offer. Maybe if Campillo had a belt we would see a rematch. People can beat this dog forever.....

Comment

BEIBUT!!! BEAST! lets have 'em BEIBUT!!

Comment

Originally posted by zimm2 View Post
              Like Mr. Chargin said, they wouldn't refuse any fair offer. Fair would be a neutral site. Hell, Pascal doesnt even have a belt and Cleverly....he really didn't win a belt. He got it by default. I think thats fair to say that if people are going to say Shumenov got his via robbery. So to say Shumenov needs to hit the road is bull. He is the champ, he has a belt. So a neutral site only makes sense for him. In the article Mr. Chargin says they have not even been contacted by Cleverly's people? Beibut is exciting to watch. And yes, he does have a fan base. A fan base that is building with each fight. Is it 13 fights under his belt right? God forbid you give the guy the credit he deserves and some time to create a fanbase...he's only been busy winning a world title.
              Beibut ? It's you ?

Comment

Originally posted by zimm2 View Post
                Sick of hearing about Campillo. His handlers are no good, bad news. Maybe thats why he isn't getting title fights? Blame Sampson and his stupidy. Yea, Shumenov is gonna have to unify to prove himself but he's not stupid nor are the people who manage him. Remember boxing is a business. They are not about to make a bad business move. At this point I hear unification. Campillo has nothing to offer. Maybe if Campillo had a belt we would see a rematch. People can beat this dog forever.....
                They will until he A. Gives Campillo the rematch he deserves or B. Beats another champion. He obviously plans B because he realizes he would lose again. He looked great in his first defense, but he hasn't had a legitimate fight in more than a year. Braehmer's pull out in January wasn't his fault but his only defense since then against Santiago was a disgrace of Erdrei proportions. Since he won't fight Campillo, Cleverly would be a decent step up and he might win

Comment

Everyone knows i support my Eastern Euro brothers 100% but I dont like Shumenov at all.

He somehow pulled off 2 robberies in America and is signed with this bum ass promoter in Goossen, thats what you get for signing with someone who is

1) Cheapest promoter in the sport
                  2) Aspires to be the next white Don King

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    Everyone knows i support my Eastern Euro brothers 100% but I dont like Shumenov at all.

He somehow pulled off 2 robberies in America and is signed with this bum ass promoter in Goossen, thats what you get for signing with someone who is

1) Cheapest promoter in the sport
                    2) Aspires to be the next white Don King
                    i got good news for you sir medved - he just recently left him! NO LONGER is Shumenov under Goossen-Tutor!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X