No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Despite Light Weight, Donaire Ready To Move On And Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Despite Light Weight, Donaire Ready To Move On And Up

By Ryan ******** - Everyone expected Nonito Donaire Jr. to make weight for his first - and last - bantamweight title defense. No one expected him to be so light, however. [Click Here To Read More]

c'mon man, nonito was way under the limit and garcia says nonito was struggling? donaire shouldn't be rushed to 126 lbs. he should fight the winner of agbeko/mares before moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
      c'mon man, nonito was way under the limit and garcia says nonito was struggling? donaire shouldn't be rushed to 126 lbs. he should fight the winner of agbeko/mares before moving up.
      He did'nt say that Nonito was struggling. He actually say that he's going to be fine. I think Donaire can move up in weight after this w/o any problem.
      I agree w/o you though, fighting the winner of Mares/Agbeko is a good addition on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Radke View Post
        I agree w/o you though, fighting the winner of Mares/Agbeko is a good addition on his resume.
        That would be a great addition to his resume', but Nonito really didn't have an easy time with this weight, it was hellish for him. I know, I've been with him all week, he hasn't been eating at all.

Some are even concerned that he overshot the weight in an unhealthy way.

Comment

Narvaez is a pretty darn good little fighter, if Donaire is not healthy this is going to be a real tough fight for Donaire.

I guess we will see how that plays out, certainly adds a bit of intrigue.

Comment

Might not be a bad flier at the around +800 Narvaez is getting, I have to sleep on that.

Comment

Working...
            X