No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arturo Gatti's Fortune Now in The Hands of The Judge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arturo Gatti's Fortune Now in The Hands of The Judge

MONTREAL – Just because a man leaves everything in his will to his wife doesn’t mean he’s insane or abnormal.

[Click Here To Read More]

Rodriguez isn't even pretty

Gatti deserved better

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      MONTREAL – Just because a man leaves everything in his will to his wife doesn’t mean he’s insane or abnormal.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Since the trial is being held in Canada I believe that the long standing law is that a widow gets a third, and however many children there are, share the other two thirds. Although Quebec law may be different, Canadian law may be paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
        Rodriguez isn't even pretty

Gatti deserved better
        You have a very simple soul if you think that every woman who marries a worn out, ugly faced, low mentality, drunken woman beater needs to be pretty. What would happen to all the decent women who are not pretty, at least 50% or even much more. they still get married, and are loved by their husbands and families. I've had girl friends by the dozens in my life who were, many of them, very beutiful or pretty, but whom I would never marry, because of their personality and/or lack of real intelligence. I married a woman who was very attractive to me, and was highly intelligent and extremely well educated.

This Gatti wife, from a foreign country, and very young, barely a woman, must have had a dreadful life with the much older Gatti, especialy when he was drinking, which seemed to be most of the time.

In my opinion, if Canadian law is applied, she will get a thired of the estate, and the surviving children will share out the two thirds residue, which may either be but in trust for them and supervised by the court, or each mother will be a trustee.

At the same time, it's possible that Gatti's illegitimate child may not benefit from the will since I understand that Gatti set up a separate trust fund for the child of over a million dollars, plus ample provision for the ex girlfriend. In that case, the wife, being the legal guardian of her child, may also be appointed trustee for the two thirds of the estate I've mentioned above, with permission to use a certain beneficial amount for the child's upkeep and education, etc.

The decision will be interesting anyway. I'm just giving possible outcomes.

Comment

Working...
        X