No announcement yet.

Holyfield: He Should of Stopped After Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield: He Should of Stopped After Toney

If you're anything close to being a serious boxing fan, you have to have a lump in your throat about now. I know that I do. It never fails in boxing, all the character traits that spur fighters on to achieve greatness, always comes back to get them in the end. Heart, courage, toughness, desire, and the refusal to accept defeat, are just some of the character traits that enable fighters to go onto greatness. Evander Holyfield at his best owned all of them and then some.

Recently, it was announced that Evander Holyfield would resume his career on the undercard of a December 12 fight card in Germany. The last image we all remember of Holyfield, was being dominated by fringe contender Larry Donald in November of 2004. While Donald has decent boxing skills, he is the type of opponent that Holyfield would have had no problems with if the fight had taken place several years earlier. [details]

A good case, but really, Holyfield should have retired after the 1st Ruiz fight.

Comment

What a shame!

We see Holyfield is high on that religious stuff. He really believes he can do anything with God. Gotta admire his courage but not his intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozo_no_no
        A good case, but really, Holyfield should have retired after the 1st Ruiz fight.
        I totally agree, another good post Bozo.

Comment

agree 1000% with you rick its so sad holyfield needs to stop!.he is one of my alltime favorites and i fear for his health at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
            Holyfield: He Should of Stopped After Toney
            I think Holyfield should have stopped long before the Toney fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
              If you're anything close to being a serious boxing fan, you have to have a lump in your throat about now. I know that I do. It never fails in boxing, all the character traits that spur fighters on to achieve greatness, always comes back to get them in the end. Heart, courage, toughness, desire, and the refusal to accept defeat, are just some of the character traits that enable fighters to go onto greatness. Evander Holyfield at his best owned all of them and then some.

Recently, it was announced that Evander Holyfield would resume his career on the undercard of a December 12 fight card in Germany. The last image we all remember of Holyfield, was being dominated by fringe contender Larry Donald in November of 2004. While Donald has decent boxing skills, he is the type of opponent that Holyfield would have had no problems with if the fight had taken place several years earlier. [details]

This is a joke and has been for years now.

Comment

IMO, holyfield should have hung them up after the 2nd fight with lewis.

Comment

I wish Evander would have retired long ago. My favorite fighter of all time. It's sad, and extremely dangerous at this point in his life. He's destined to get even more damaged.

Comment

well i know what it is like to be a serious athlete, u cant just retire and give up..sports are our dreams, our lifes, granted his rep will go down, but why, he cant seriously think he is a contender, he is just out 2do what he loves, i say do what ya do,tell your forced out or just cant do it no more..its not like he is competing for a belt or anything

Comment

Working...
                    X