No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Discusses Career, Retirement, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye Discusses Career, Retirement, More

Today's date is Thursday, October 13, 2011 and I've just turned 31 years of age. As the clock struck twelve last night, my professional boxing career came to an end. The decision to finish my career at this point was not a spur of the moment thing, nor was it something forced upon me. In fact, it has been my intention to retire from the sport of boxing on this particular day ever since I first laced up a pair of gloves as a skinny ten-year-old at the Fitzroy Lodge Amateur Boxing Club in Lambeth.

[Click Here To Read More]

i hate it when bouts are described nonchalantly as 'paydays'.

Comment

though he failed to conquer Wlad, at least he didn't get ko'ed and wasn't dominated either

he just lost a lackluster fight where both fighters were very tentative

enjoy your retirement Haye

Comment

Davey will be remembered as the guy who was all bark and no bite, who hurt his toe when his defining moment came (that's why he lost to Wlad).

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
          though he failed to conquer Wlad, at least he didn't get ko'ed and wasn't dominated either

he just lost a lackluster fight where both fighters were very tentative

enjoy your retirement Haye
          He didn't win a round. That is what i call being dominated.

Comment

David, you are full of it. Except for securing your financial goals you have done little. I will leave your cruiser deeds alone but you've only defended what, once? Then you moved to HW just to foul up everything like cheap braggart. You weaselled out of hard fights and took Chagaev's belt from that useless cripple. We all know who beat Chagaev and how. You shouldn't even have been an HW champ. Your behaviour was cowardly and your verbal attacks classless. You had no heart fighting Wlad and your toe was not broken, it was a minor toe nail infection as obvious from the photos of it. I do not think you even reached your peak yet and here you are retiring because you are smaller heavy and you cannot feel like a bully in this division. Go ahead, retire, but do not delude yourself thinking you will be missed. You will be remembered mostly for the pathetic show you delivered in your last fight and the lousy toe-nail excuse. Bye-bye.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
              i hate it when bouts are described nonchalantly as 'paydays'.
              Yeah, it also annoys me when boxers make out that they cant wait to retire from the sport. Like Kahn talking about retiring when hes 27 or something. We know they are passionate about the sport and dedicate vast amounts of time into it so why act like its something you do on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
                He didn't win a round. That is what i call being dominated.
                that is arguable

and many rounds were very close

that's not what I call to dominate

Comment

Lol at whoever said..."at least he wasn't ko'd or dominated." He stumbled all over the ring like a first class p*ssy for a reason and lost every round, some would call that dominated.
                  Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
                    Lol at whoever said..."at least he wasn't ko'd or dominated." He stumbled all over the ring like a first class p*ssy for a reason and lost every round, some would call that dominated.
                    lol at your lack of judgment

Comment

Working...
                    X