Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward on Cotto Split: Someone Hired for $50,000 Less!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steward on Cotto Split: Someone Hired for $50,000 Less!

A few weeks ago I spoke with Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward and was a bit concerned that my old friend was ill, his schedule was forcing increased travel abroad, his stable of fighters that he was training continued to grow, and frankly he sounded a bit under the weather. When the news broke that both Chad Dawson and Miguel Cotto had sought new trainers I grew more concerned.

[Click Here To Read More]

If thats truly the case and its only about the money Cotto is a moron.

Comment

50k can buy you some decent stuff. Wise move.

Comment

I think Steward got a bit greedy and Cott figured fack that. I'll go with Diaz...

There is only soo much a trainer can do for a fighter in that ring. Cotto is an old dog and he probably realized Steward was not offering much at this point in his career. New trainer... new insight etc

It's not that serious..

Later Steward!

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
          I think Steward got a bit greedy and Cott figured fack that. I'll go with Diaz...

There is only soo much a trainer can do for a fighter in that ring. Cotto is an old dog and he probably realized Steward was not offering much at this point in his career. New trainer... new insight etc

It's not that serious..

Later Steward!
          Yeah maybe he asked for more than what they had originally agreed to as their rate for training and Cotto wouldn't budge.

Imo if Cotto didn't make this move because he thought it would be better for this upcoming fight then he made a stupid decision. This is a very important fight for his legacy and for future paydays

Comment

50k? That says to me it wasn't about the money at all. I know Cotto can be cheap, but that's nothing. This says to me he just wanted a change.

Comment

If this is indeed how it went down then Cotto and Dawson have the wrong focus.

Comment

i hope cotto realizes that if he looses this fight he is done, i mean its so bad that if Margarito wins he wont even be ranked anywhere lol....

except of course the wbc, we all know how that goes....

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  If this is indeed how it went down then Cotto and Dawson have the wrong focus.
                  I think Dawson and Cotto just felt a change was needed and Steward is feeling a little upset about that. But yeah if that was both of their reasons they made a dumb choice.

Comment

cotto is going to beat margarito either way, and he just saved himself 50 k

Comment

Working...
                    X