Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: Pedro Luis Díaz Will Train Me For Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: Pedro Luis Díaz Will Train Me For Margarito

Today I am very happy to announce that my trainer for my December 3rd fight [against Antonio Margarito] in New York will be legendary Cuban boxing trainer and expert Pedro Luis Díaz Benítez. Pedro Luis is a Doctor in Pedagogical Sciences. He holds a Master's degree in sports training and a Major in Physical Culture and Sports. He is also specialized in boxing training's planning and control. He was a professor and investigator for the University of Sports in Cuba. He has also worked with and trained several Olympic Gold Medalists and professional world champions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good, shouldn't make much of a difference. Cotto is a cheap skate though, he proved it in the past and he proves it again.

Comment

Oh god, just as I was growing confident in Cotto....

And whats this calendar conflict bs? Steward just lost two ppv events, not to mention Cotto is either 3rd or 4th biggest draw in the sport, surely that would be more important than any other fight for him. Clearly bs...

Comment

Steward had him using his jab more but aside from that there was not much difference in the "new" Cotto and the Cotto of old.

Yet it's pretty risky to be changing trainers right before going into the most important fight of your life. I expect Steward to be pointing out everything Cotto is doing wrong during the rematch. Things like the footwork and the right hand....

Comment

Yeah, tha's a BS excuse. This would be Stewards biggest fight this year, there is no other fight of this magnitute that he'll be working with.

Not to mention this is his athletes biggest fight of his career when you think about it so that excuse just won't cut it.

Comment

Waiting for posts overstating what a great trainer Steward was for Cotto and how he has no chance now. The reality is Cottos recent opponents have allowed him to look a little better lately not some great strategy or training from Steward. Steward as a trainer is overrated imo. Taylor, Dawson, Cintron ect...

Comment

Wow, this comes as a shocker to me! Now he has less of a chance that he lost Steward. In reality, I always felt he never should have left his uncle; considering his uncle is the one who made him. Either way, this is not good and makes me believe Margarito will pummel him again. We'll see.

Comment

Nah, Cotto will be fine and he will come out victorious against Margacheato. Cotto is a veteran, he knows what he needs to do againt a one dimensional straight forward pressure brawler.

Fight smart, simple as that.

Comment

Cotto got what he wanted from Manny... Hype that he was as good as he used to be since hiring him. Cotto will once again train himself but who knows maybe this guy can work great with him.

Comment

wow - that one poster was right! can't remember who it was - but he called it a few days ago. . . he is one of the few posters who does have legit, reliable inside sources. . .

this guy seems to be a HELL of a trainer - im convinced that hte cuban boxing school is the best - the perfect hybrid of modern, evolving techniques, and old school fundamentals.

look how tough the competition is there - if you're a top champion and trainer from cuba - you are that good. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X