No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog–Martirosyan Heats Up: Both Vow To Win Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pirog–Martirosyan Heats Up: Both Vow To Win Big

The 25th of September will be marked with red as a special date in the history of Russian prizefighting. For the first time in over twenty years, two pugilists from the biggest country in the world will collide with each other in first ever all-Russian title match-up, when WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (18-0, 14 KOs) who puts his belt at risk against freely-swinging St. Petersburg-based brawler Gennady Martirosyan (22-2, 11 KOs), who is ranked #1 by the WBO and who is also Pirog’s mandatory challenger.

[Click Here To Read More]

martirosyan isn't a bad contender at all. . . pirog will win, of course, but it's a step in the right direction for pirog to start fighting top fighters. . . too bad sergio ***** ass won't give him a shot. . .

WAR PIROG! MEDVED - you need to go to these fights live to support your russian brethren!

Comment

good ****, looking forward to this!

Comment

WAR Pirog!!!

Comment

I see an upset coming

Comment

pirog needs to fight in the u.s ppl saying sergio is ducking this kid yea right i like pirog but beating jacobs who wasnt that good doesnt make you the best fighter in the world

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              pirog needs to fight in the u.s ppl saying sergio is ducking this kid yea right i like pirog but beating jacobs who wasnt that good doesnt make you the best fighter in the world
              exactly. dibella said to quillin, "beat pirog and you get martinez". perhaps if pirog really wants martinez he would try to go after that challenge and see if they grant him martinez as well if he comes out the winner. idk, i'd love to see dmitry fight gennady golovkin, i think that would be the best fight at middleweight that doesn't include sergio martinez...wish that would happen.

Comment

@minasyan
                Looking at your nick, everybody can see you are biased.

Pirog has the defense of Mayweather and the offense of Pacquiao...Even though this might be a little exaggerated, it has a certain truth to it. Looking forward to seeing him back in the US fighting a contender of quality.

Martinez is fighting Barker. I don't know why Barker should earn this fight more than Pirog?! Still, if he fights Quillin, Guerrero, Vanes Martirosyan that would make a nice return fight to the States.
                Last edited by sweet-s; 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  martirosyan isn't a bad contender at all. . . pirog will win, of course, but it's a step in the right direction for pirog to start fighting top fighters. . . too bad sergio ***** ass won't give him a shot. . .

WAR PIROG! MEDVED - you need to go to these fights live to support your russian brethren!
                  " of course " ?

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
                  I see an upset coming
                  " upset " ?

Comment

Originally posted by sweet-s View Post
                    Pirog has the defense of Mayweather and the offense of Pacquiao...Even though this might be a little exaggerated, it has a certain truth to it.

Neither Mayweather nor Pacquiao would struggle against Javier Francisco Maciel.

Comment

Working...
                    X