No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson: Who Has He Beat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson: Who Has He Beat ?

A couple nights past, I was having a conversation with someone who I hold in high regard when it comes to boxing insight. We were going back and forth between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, as to who fought the better fighters. One of the first questions thrown out was, "Who was the best fighter they beat?"

It's an interesting question and it does separate the fighters when you actually break down who their best wins are against. There are two ways to break this down: One, who was their signature win against and two, who was the best fighter they beat? When discussing the career of former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, some (count me among them) question the caliber of the fighters that he's fought and defeated. Let's look at who are the best fighters he defeated. [details]

There must be nothing to talk about...articles like that have already be written many times. Why kick Tyson while hes down? He shouldn't be getting a front page article. He isn't coming back...

Comment

[QUOTE=Rick Reeno]A couple nights past, I was having a conversation with someone who I hold in high regard when it comes to boxing insight. We were going back and forth between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, as to who fought the better fighters. One of the first questions thrown out was, "Who was the best fighter they beat?"

It's an interesting question and it does separate the fighters when you actually break down who their best wins are against. There are two ways to break this down: One, who was their signature win against and two, who was the best fighter they beat? When discussing the career of former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, some (count me among them) question the caliber of the fighters that he's fought and defeated. Let's look at who are the best fighters he defeated. [details][/

QUOTE]

Your right Rick...

But...you can say the exact same thing for a lot fo other HW champions...Lennox Lewis comes to mind almost immediately for me...

Who did Lewis beat? I understand that your article is about Iron Mike but to put this in proper context you must look around at other titlists of Mike's era that are considered great as well...do greats like Lewis and Holyfield have resumes that ***** Iron Mikes?

If they do indeed have much better resumes, then Tyson deserves to be taken a closer look at under a microsope...but is this the case?

LEnnox Lewis...who did he beat?

Was it an old Holyfield or an undervalued Holyfield that was about to catch his second wind in terms of primes?

Razor Ruddock is a signature win for Lewis as he was not supposed to win rather be exposed...how much credit does he get for that?

Ill tell you one thing the same Buster Douglas that beat the **** out of Tyson would have beaten Lewis a number of different times at different points in his respective career. Douglas was a perfect fighter that night, absolutely perfect...McCall and Rahman were hardly perfect...

Sure Tyson is overrated but if you put it into context arent most of the HW champs outside of the top 3 or 4 all time...arent most of them overrated?

Comment

Another ass of an article, I guess wins over Spinks, Holmes, Golota, Tucker, Tubbs, Botha, and Ruddock are meaningless.

Comment

Tysons resume is far better than Lennox Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest
            Tysons resume is far better than Lennox Lewis....
            Kidding right.

Comment

Originally posted by trinidadpr87
              Kidding right.
              Actually, now that I actually look at Lewis's, I was wrong, but Lewis has nothing to brag about either.

Comment

what do u mean? who have they beat? people in this boxing forum/site couldnt tie the shoe laces of some the opponents lewis and tyson have encountered...
                to question tyson and lewis credibility, u gotta have some credentials yaself, and no-one here does.. again , point made.

Comment

Some of you people honestly believe Tyson has a better record than Lewis? Wow, that's only slightly crazy...

Lewis has 2 losses on his record, both of which he went on to KO and TKO in the rematch. He beat the current heavyweight "top dog" (if you consider there to be one) and went to war with Holyfield (even if they were close decisions) which is more than Tyson can say about his matches with Holyfield. Insult Lewis' record if you wish... but don't say it's worse than Tyson's.

Comment

reno your article is great you deserve credits. i know tyson havent prove a lot in his prime which i think is was wen he was with rooney,i know rooney is not great trainer but he defintely keep tyson motivated and had him training hard. i just think from the day he left rooney he wasent the great tyson that we knew. he had basically lost all skillz that make him great. i cant say if he could whopp holyfield,lewis if he still training like he did with rooney, but he would defintely would be twice so better and hardly to be beat. i know he didnt. i just want to mention it.

Comment

Working...
                    X