No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Maidana Confirm 9/16 Date, Jab Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Maidana Confirm 9/16 Date, Jab Amir Khan

Adviser Sebastián Contursi has confirmed a recent report on BoxingScene.com, that WBA "regular" junior welterweight champion Marcos "El Chino" Maidana is possibly going to stay busy by defending his title on September 16 in Villa Ballester, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Maidana was scheduled to fight Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero on August 27th, but Guerrero suffered a left shoulder injury last week and withdrew.

[Click Here To Read More]

If it weren't for all the hitting behind the head, I'd be a big Maidana fan. Just seems like he goes blind with rage during rounds and goes dirty. Actually, I've seen this from a couple other Argentine fighters...

That's good hes staying active and hopefully they get someone decent to jump in the ring with him.

Comment

Maidana isn't good enough to become world champion.

Comment

Maidana has that paquiao complex going to me, he a fierce little fu*king warrior...

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Maidana isn't good enough to become world champion.
          He was good enough to almost get Khan out of there in the 10th round, though.

Comment

Maidana is hugely overrated on NSB...I thought people would smarten up after morales, and realise that this guy is just not great, but still it continues. Guess he has a lot of fans, and they want to see him do well.

It is easy to forget that up until the 10th round maidana was about to lose a lop-sided decision to khan, yes he landed a big punch and hit khan with everything he had, but I think there are other fighters out there that can outbox maidana without getting caught like that, I believe Morales has proved this to a certain extent.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              He was good enough to almost get Khan out of there in the 10th round, though.

Key word is "Almost", still not good enough. You know Mosley ALMOST knocked Floyd down? See how much ALMOST gets you?

Comment

Khan has grown hugely since that Maidana fight, he looks much sharper and stronger. I can't see anything but Maidana getting KO'd in a rematch. BTW obession? lol it's Maidana's camp that just can't move away from Khan.

Comment

I have much respect for Maidana. Guy is a warrior. Hopefully he gets a good opponent and Golden boy could provide a free stream for this fight or something equivilant

Comment

Maidana is getting to a point where he can be added on to the overrated boxers list at the moment, but good on him and his handlers that he is staying active.

Comment

Working...
                    X