Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute Says It's Not His Fault That Unifications Fell Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute Says It's Not His Fault That Unifications Fell Out

IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute, responding to some recent criticism, said that it's not his fault that unifications within his division fall through. Bute's promoters, InterBox, have tried to negotiate deals with the other champions but there are several issues that prevent those deals from happening. InterBox was recently unable to secure Mikkel Kessler and Kelly Pavlik for Bute. An opponent was eventually secured, with Bute facing former champion Glen Johnson on November 5th at a soon to be determined venue in Canada.

[Click Here To Read More]

If indeed Kessler turn down 3.5M no option deal then i blame kessler entirely..

Comment

People like to crap on Bute for this less than stellar opposition but as Bute says, it's not his fault. Who the hell is there for him to fight at 168? Tried with Kessler, that failed. Tried with Pavlik, that failed. He's taking on the best possible opponent in Glen Johnson right now, so he's at least trying to fight the big names.

Long story short: LEAVE LUCIAN BUTE ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        People like to crap on Bute for this less than stellar opposition but as Bute says, it's not his fault. Who the hell is there for him to fight at 168? Tried with Kessler, that failed. Tried with Pavlik, that failed. He's taking on the best possible opponent in Glen Johnson right now, so he's at least trying to fight the big names.

Long story short: LEAVE LUCIAN BUTE ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!
        seriously dude???

Comment

I don't neccessarily blame, Bute. Like he says boxing is a business and it's difficult to get a party's happy for big fights.

Kessler said Bute's team low balled him with the offer. Other fighters have said the same about Bute's team. I think wants the fights but I know Kessler does as he has already been prepared to step into the ring with - Calzaghe, Ward and Froch, all imo better fighters than Bute and at this stahe better fighters than Bute.

As Bute is World Champ at the mo and Kessler isn't - team Bute hold all the cards in negotiations. Kessler said he's unhappy with the offer, which is why he's gone to pick up another strap and can then come back to the table holding half the cards and get a better deal in what will then be a unification showdown.

Team Bute - have to make the fight then and Bute needs to be firm with his team, as it is at the moment - Kessler is proven warrior and proven he'll face the elite.

Bute - I think wants to face the elite and but until he does people will always question whether it's his team or Bute himself stopping it from happening.

Comment

should read

I don't neccessarily blame, Bute. Like he says, boxing is a business and it's difficult to get all party's happy for big fights.

Kessler, said, Bute's team low balled him with the offer. Other fighters have said the same about Bute's team. I think Bute wants the big fights, but I know Kessler does, as he has already been prepared to step into the ring with - Calzaghe, Ward and Froch, all imo better fighters than Bute and at this stage all more proven elite fighters that are proven they are willing to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              seriously dude???
              seriously what

Comment

kessler turned down a 3.5m payday what a biatch! Donaire is a p4p fighter and he got paid like 1.2m his last fight

kessler is a scared turd

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                  kessler turned down a 3.5m payday what a biatch! Donaire is a p4p fighter and he got paid like 1.2m his last fight

kessler is a scared turd
                  Show me proof that this actually happened. By all accounts, this was a bit of an exaggeration.

Comment

Did Kessler really turn down 3.5 million? Also if its a unification shouldn't both fighters be getting 50/50 or is that what 50/50 is? Kessler has a belt doesn't he?

Comment

Working...
                    X