No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Barrett Rises From Huge Combo To Beat Tua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Barrett Rises From Huge Combo To Beat Tua

Telstra Clear Events Centre, Manukau City, New Zealand - Heavyweight veteran Monte Barrett (35-9-2, 20KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over David Tua (54-4-2, 43KOs). The scores were 114-113, 115-112 and 115-112. Barrett captures the WBO Asia Pacific and WBO Oriental heavyweight titles. In the tweflth round, Barrett was badly hurt and survived a huge knockdown when Tua was unable to finish him off.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow tua I guess its over for you a shot fighter beat you

Comment

Wow, Barrett looks seriously hurt by that knock-down. I don't know how he got back up. In the photos it looks like a brutal knock-down, does it look the same in video format?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
          Tua is sorry, if you can't get a boxer out of there that badly hurt than its probably close to retirement. But I heard Tua is broke so he'll probably be fighting for peanuts now. People keep talking about how shot Barrett is but Tua isn't much better in that category, Tua has taken some punishment in his career aswell. Barrett wanted this more.

These aren't little guys, little guys probably could get up from knockdowns easy. These are big guys, those knockdowns are painful, you even can see how Barrett is giving all his heart to get back up on his feet.
          Last edited by uoykcuf; 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
            Thanks for posting this, wow Monte was hurt there pretty bad. Tua just couldn't keep himself from being smothered and Barrett did well to survive, wonder what is next for him.

Comment

I thought Tua did enough to win from rounds 7-12. He had Barrett hurt a few times and Barrett never really hurt Tua. Monte was in great shape though and started very strong, but did too much holding in the 2nd half of the fight. How Barrett got up from that punch in the 12th I'll never know. I thought he was gone. Maybe he really does have a friend in Jesus. Since he found religion, Monte is a different fighter. He's got belief in himself that he never had before.

Comment

i feel bad for left hook. thats his boy.

Comment

where mak at? left hook tua

any klit would kill him anyway

Comment

It's the 12th round and Barrett was both mentally and physically exhausted, but still found a way to come back up on his feet after being knockdown by a huge puncher like Tua....and finish the fight. I have to say that was very very impressive. It was not a flash knockdown or anything. Barrett looked to be completley out for a second.

That's the definition of heart!

Comment

Working...
                    X