Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ishe Smith Targets Peter Quillin For Hopkins-Dawson Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ishe Smith Targets Peter Quillin For Hopkins-Dawson Bill

Hard Hitting Brooklyn native Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin has his sights set on a Spring showdown with world champion Sergio Martinez, but if a veteran counterpuncher from Las Vegas by the name of Ishe Smith has anything to say about it, Quillin will be on the rebound trail by that time.

[Click Here To Read More]

why not i guess, it seems like a type of quality opponent quillin will take.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      why not i guess, it seems like a type of quality opponent quillin will take.
      Nothing compelling about Ishe Smith at all! This topic was mentioned last week. I won't repost anything but feel free to go to my posts and see what was written.

Is boxing this pathetic that Ishe Smith gets 2 write ups about how much he wants to get KTFO by Quillin? Bring on some south paws to tune up The Kid Chocolate for Sergio Martinez. Please dead this thread already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post
        Nothing compelling about Ishe Smith at all! This topic was mentioned last week. I won't repost anything but feel free to go to my posts and see what was written.

Is boxing this pathetic that Ishe Smith gets 2 write ups about how much he wants to get KTFO by Quillin? Bring on some south paws to tune up The Kid Chocolate for Sergio Martinez. Please dead this thread already!!!
        yeah, smith would get stopped by quillin, but he's been facing guys like this, so i'd assume they'd take this fight. quillin is a super middleweight, until he drops to MW and has some fights, i doubt he'll even be looked at. the martinez camp said after the dzinziruk fight that they'd want an easy fight, therefore picking darren barker, who is a natural middlweight. quillin would be a good opponent for martinez, but he has chavez jr, rubio, and geale and other MWs on his mind before considering quillin as a future opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post

Lol I dont know if its because you took a picture with him or what, but you ride Quillin too hard man. Smith is the perfect opponent to test himself against, better than Lehoullier who got KO in 1 rd by JCC Jr. Smith has never been KOed and he has been in with punchers before and done well actually. He is no pushover and for you to say he is going to KTFO by someone who couldnt even KTFO of his last opponent who was a late sub then that makes me wonder how pathetic boxing might be or maybe just the people riding the bandwagon.

Dont get me wrong I like Kid choc he is a solid prospect and I know its not his fault that Simms pulled out of his fight. He is willing to fight whoever and he is a humble dude, so he should fight Smith and if he manages to look good, then ill be impressed. But for people to think it would be a walk a in the park then they dont follow the sport as a whole.

Comment

it's a decent fight, nothing to get excited about. Quillin wins by UD easy. Ishe Smith is like the Chop Chop Corley at 160. he's a good gatekeeper type of fighter and a good test for Quillin.

Quillin has been calling out the top dog Martinez but that fight is a way off. I honestly think he could fight Martinez by the end of 2012 but he'd have to knock off some guys.

Ishe Smith is fine for now, just to get TV exposure but I think he needs to fight James Kirkland.

Quillin vs Kirkland would be a great fight, a total war. that sort of fight would almost force Martinez to face him. considering none of the "stars" will ever mention Martinez in a sentence.

Comment

Working...
            X