No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson Eyes Clash With 'Good Friend' Chambers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson Eyes Clash With 'Good Friend' Chambers

Tony Thompson (36-2, 24 KOs) is slated to face good friend and fellow contender Eddie Chambers (36-2, 18 KOs) in an intriguing matchup of top 10 heavyweights, both of which are southpaws.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's going to be an interesting match up, and the winner will deserve a shot at Wlad in my view. Haye should learn from these guys, fight (and beat) someone legit if you want a rematch, instead of yapping your mouth.

Comment

Thompson's fighting in slow motion these days. He's just horrendously slow. Couple that with a lack of punching power and a relatively orthodox fighting style and I really don't see any way Chambers loses this.

IMO Chambers needs to rematch and beat Povetkin or a fighter like Helenius to say if he has any remote chance of doing better in a rematch with the doc.

I realise this fight is part of a tourny, but if Chambers doesn't want things to end up precisely like last time (minus the KO probably) then he needs a stiffer test than Thompson.

Comment

The last time two "good friend" HWs fought was Chris Byrd and "Touch of ****, errrrr, Sleep" Williamson, one of the worst fights in the history of boxing.

Comment

Some weeks ago, Dan Goossen tried to get this fight on ESPN2 for August 5th or 12th but they turned it down.

So he's having trouble finding US TV dates, that's why it's not scheduled yet.

Maybe Goossen should negotiate a co-promotional agreement with K-2 so they can put the fight on the Klitschko-Adamek undercard.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I got Chambers winning.

Chambers is one of the best boxers at HW, i feel he will prove it against Thompson.

Comment

Eddie Chambers didn't ko Derric Rossy.It was a UD.

Comment

to whomever wrote this article : get your facts straight dude, this article is terrible

Chambers a southpaw ?

Chambers knocked out Rossy in the rematch ?

this is unacceptable

Comment

chambers will show ya'll how to chop a 6'5.5'' dude DOWN! TIMBER!

these are actually my two favorite AMERICAN HW's right now. . .

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    Thompson's fighting in slow motion these days. He's just horrendously slow. Couple that with a lack of punching power and a relatively orthodox fighting style and I really don't see any way Chambers loses this.

IMO Chambers needs to rematch and beat Povetkin or a fighter like Helenius to say if he has any remote chance of doing better in a rematch with the doc.

I realise this fight is part of a tourny, but if Chambers doesn't want things to end up precisely like last time (minus the KO probably) then he needs a stiffer test than Thompson.
                    I caught Tony's last fight on television and thought exactly the same thing. Thompson looked he we was fighting underwater.

Comment

Working...
                    X