No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Caballero Protest Barros Loss, WBA To Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Caballero Protest Barros Loss, WBA To Review

It was as 'outright theft,' said legal adviser Rogelio Espino, who watched his boxer Celestino Caballero lose a split decision last Saturday in Mendoza, Argentina to the still-featherweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Jonathan Barros. During the fight, Caballero knocked Barros down twice and controlled several rounds but it still wasn't enough to persuade two judges of the fight, who gave victory to the hometown boxer (114-112 and 116-112). The third judge saw a clear win for Caballero with a card of 115-111.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully justice will prevail and Caballero will get at the very least, a rematch.

Comment

Boxing in Argentina should be banned until those guys learn to be impartial.

Wouldnt be surprised if nachorjj comes in and protests why puerto ricans are crying that they got robbed again in a panamanian thread.
      Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I watched the video, it was a fair decision - Caballero took a beating. The second knockdown shouldn't have been considered a knockdown.

Comment

Nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I watched the video, it was a fair decision - Caballero took a beating. The second knockdown shouldn't have been considered a knockdown.
            I had the fight 115-113 for Caballero. I can't see how one of the judges had it 116-100 for Barros and i also can't see how a person in the right state of mind would say that the second knockdown wasn't legit. Barros went down after a punch.

Comment

Caballero lost to Litzau, that say's it all.

Comment

Working...
              X