No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Breaks Down Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Breaks Down Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

The world's leading trainer, Freddie Roach, believes David Haye can defeat Wladimir Klitschko if he "undermines his confidence early in the contest" when the two world heavyweight champions collide in Hamburg in 10 days' time.

[Click Here To Read More]

On the point where Roach says 'in this sport you have to give 100%', I kind of agree, Wlad may well give 100% in training, I don't doubt that for one second, but in the ring, in the ring I don't think he does, I think he would rather fight at 60% and stay safe. Just a small observation...

Comment

"Curtosey of Haymaker.com" thats all I needed to read. This is hayemakers publicist re-writing article from yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
        On the point where Roach says 'in this sport you have to give 100%', I kind of agree, Wlad may well give 100% in training, I don't doubt that for one second, but in the ring, in the ring I don't think he does, I think he would rather fight at 60% and stay safe. Just a small observation...
        Yea because David Haye gives it 100% to the point where the ref is begging him to throw a punch.

Wlad is a master, he makes people look like scrubs. He earned early on bullrushing in and swinging wildy ends in bad things.

Roach is a little biased since he got fired by the Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Yea because David Haye gives it 100% to the point where the ref is begging him to throw a punch.

Wlad is a master, he makes people look like scrubs. He earned early on bullrushing in and swinging wildy ends in bad things.

Lol, again I agree, however I wasn't referring to Haye's work ethic at any point, only Wlad's in response to Roach's comment.

Comment

so first haye wrecks wlads face then he publicly humiliates Vitai by smashing his face in aswell = job well done NO MORE KLITSCHKOS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

Wlad is a master? He makes people look like scrubs? That is because they are!

In his current winning run he has beaten very few decent fighters, and still to date has not beaten a world class fighter. If you think he is going to win the fight then that is fair enough, but please leave the bull**** at the door. David haye in my opinion is the first world class fighter wlad has fought, he may or may not be a world class heavyweight, but we will see on July 2

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Roach believes a Haye victory could ignite interest in the heavyweight division. "I like guys who like to fight. Haye believes in himself, he talks a bit of bull, but he's just trying to ignite interest in the fight. He's young, exciting, and charismatic. "Haye's the best thing for the heavyweight division right now, because he comes to fight, he comes to win, and he's a puncher.

Obviously no one has mentioned to Roach that Haye plans to retire this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Wlad is a master? He makes people look like scrubs? That is because they are!

In his current winning run he has beaten very few decent fighters, and still to date has not beaten a world class fighter. If you think he is going to win the fight then that is fair enough, but please leave the bull**** at the door. David haye in my opinion is the first world class fighter wlad has fought, he may or may not be a world class heavyweight, but we will see on July 2
                  Chambers and Chagaev would both have been contenders in any era and Haye vs. either of them would be pick 'em fights. Your hate makes you blind.

If Haye is convincingly dominated by Wlad in this fight, will you give Wlad props or will you start claiming that Haye was never a world class fighter? I suspect you will do the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    The world's leading trainer, Freddie Roach, believes David Haye can defeat Wladimir Klitschko if he "undermines his confidence early in the contest" when the two world heavyweight champions collide in Hamburg in 10 days' time.

i think The Roach is dreaming. This conversation took place in 2003 and Klitschko's English was not very good. He was probably agreeing with The Roach and meant "yes. I really want to be a fighter". I've heard very similiar misuse of words and sentence construction from foreigners who had a fair academic understanding of English words but could ot express themselves colloqually. And it's interesting that The Roach remembers so well exactly what one of his fighters, who only stayed with him a very short time, word for word.

Personally I don't believe that he either said that, or if he did, meant it the way an English speaker would take it. For one thing, around that time, before he had that unfortunate run-in with Sanders, he was a killer, a terrific fighter. His record up to the time he fought Sanders in 2003 was 39 wins all but 1 by KO and 1 loss. Sanders took him by surprise and was very much helped in that 1st KD by a couple of headbutts which I think were worse than the punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X