No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Theophane Talks Barker-Martinez, Alvarez-Rhodes, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Theophane Talks Barker-Martinez, Alvarez-Rhodes, More

Darren Barker has got a dream shot at defeating the world middleweight number one, Sergio Martinez, on October 1st in America; in a fight broadcast live on HBO across the US and an unbelievable chance for him to showcase his talent.

[Click Here To Read More]

Seems like this guy is trying to get attention by talking about Ryan Rhodes because he knows he'll be an international superstar this time tomorrow.

Smart, real smart.

Comment

^ What makes you so confident Rhodes can win? I agree he has a chance, but I'd be pretty shocked if he were to win.

He's fighting Alvarez in his hometown in a extremly hot climate which Rhodes isn't use to. Alvarez still may be green, but he puts his shots together well and has some nice skills. He will also be very hyped up for the fight and has been getting some great sparring for this fight.

Rhodes is experienced and can punch, but his losses to Gary Lockett & Journyman Lee Blundell still stick in my head.

His best win in recent times was Jamie Moore, in a war, but I never really rated Moore that highly.

But hey who knows.......

Comment

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
        ^ What makes you so confident Rhodes can win? I agree he has a chance, but I'd be pretty shocked if he were to win.

He's fighting Alvarez in his hometown in a extremly hot climate which Rhodes isn't use to. Alvarez still may be green, but he puts his shots together well and has some nice skills. He will also be very hyped up for the fight and has been getting some great sparring for this fight.

Rhodes is experienced and can punch, but his losses to Gary Lockett & Journyman Lee Blundell still stick in my head.

His best win in recent times was Jamie Moore, in a war, but I never really rated Moore that highly.

But hey who knows.......
        Maybe you're right and the location (altitude, temperature and fans) will play a part. But looking at the styles and how I see them going against each other, I think Rhodes has the advantage.

Rhodes is underrated. Whatever happens tonight people are going to go away from the fight realising that they should've given him more credit in the buildup.

Comment

Fight gavin or stfu!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X