No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog's Promoter: 9 Months We've Tried To Get Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pirog's Promoter: 9 Months We've Tried To Get Martinez

Banner Promotions President Art Pelullo said, “I understand that Sergio Martinez is going to be fighting Darren Barker on October 1. I have known Lou DiBella, Martinez’ promoter, for over 20 years and we are personal friends. I have been in the fight business for over 25 years and I know how the business works. [Click Here To Read More]

I sympathize with Pirog and I actually do want a Pirog fight over a Barker fight, but he kind of blew his chance by looking less than lackluster in his last fight and by being so inactive. He should have known Dibella would use those two facts against him seeing how Dibella has some weird grudge against the guy.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Pirog needs to beat a contender 1st before fighting Martinez

Comment

Why havent u done your job and kept pirog busy?Martinez is gonna soon
        have to fight pirog.

Comment

Should be fun watching the Martinez mafia defend this one. Come on Mathed, let's see what you can come up with this time.

Comment

I have no sympathy for Pirog, his team should be out there making moves that force the fight by making the fight have more appeal.

Instead they are sitting on the sidelines begging basically.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I sympathize with Pirog and I actually do want a Pirog fight over a Barker fight, but he kind of blew his chance by looking less than lackluster in his last fight and by being so inactive.
              Ha.

And we're off to a flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Pirog needs to beat a contender 1st before fighting Martinez
                Yeah, because that's what Darren Barker did.

Comment

This would be great fight. Dimitry Pirog showed what an amazing fighter he is when he out classed Jacobs. I hope he gets his shot at Martinez soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I have no sympathy for Pirog, his team should be out there making moves that force the fight by making the fight have more appeal.

Instead they are sitting on the sidelines begging basically.
                    So thats why they are making the barker fight, Because it's appealing?

Comment

Working...
                    X