No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Haye Will Be Very Dangerous Early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Haye Will Be Very Dangerous Early

Emanuel Steward, trainer of WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, expects WBA champion David Haye to be very dangerous in the early rounds of their July 2 showdown in Hamburg, Germany. During the pre-fight verbal back and forth, Steward didn't seem to be too concernced with Haye's talents, but he does seem concernced with Haye's speed and power in the early portion of the fight. He credits Haye with being the best speed/power boxer that Klitschko has ever been up against in his entire career.

[Click Here To Read More]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

He ,steward,will use the same plan he did for lewis vs tyson.

jab only early on,and lean and hold a lot to try take haye's speed,power and energy,then jab right hand late on.thats it,thats thier plan.

Haye will stop wlad doing what he usually does and stop him early to mid fight.

Comment

Can see Wlad making this incredibly boring early on with Haye trying his up most to make a fight. Wlad will fight cautiously and likely open up after 7'th round.

Comment

I think Haye will probaly eat a lot of stiff jabs when he throws those wild/ wild " hayemakers ". He has a punchers chance like any heavyweight . Wladimir will be glad to break him down for several rounds and give him a lesson about not letting your mouth write a check you #ss can't cash. asleep by 10 rounds and bloodied !

Comment

Haye doesn't have to worry about the right hand early on, he can just concentrate on countering that jab.

Comment

"Klitschko's trainer"? Manny steward is a hall of fame trainer, baby.

Comment

I believe Vlad will not underestimate Haye. If Haye underestimates Vlad, it will be his undoing. I think Emanuel will have Vlad fine tuned, focused and prepared for his best test and his best victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  Can see Wlad making this incredibly boring early on with Haye trying his up most to make a fight. Wlad will fight cautiously and likely open up after 7'th round.
                  Haye will fight cautiously too. He is much more of a counter-puncher than most people seem to acknowledge. He barely threw a single punch in the first two rounds against Audley, and only pot-shotted against Valuev, while running most of the time. Haye will try to time Wlad's jab and throw right hands over the top, but Wlad will be expecting that and I doubt Haye will have much success with doing that, especially given that Ruiz found Haye so easy to hit with his much slower jab.

Comment

Originally posted by PHG46 View Post
                    I believe Vlad will not underestimate Haye. If Haye underestimates Vlad, it will be his undoing. I think Emanuel will have Vlad fine tuned, focused and prepared for his best test and his best victory.
                    If Steward thinks Haye will only be dangerous in the early rounds then he is under-estimating him. Haye is likely to be out-boxed for most of the fight, and his face will swell up with all the jabs he has to take, but he won't lose his power and he won't stop trying. If Wlad gets over-confident in the late rounds then Haye could well land something big late on, like he did in the final round against Valuev.

Comment

Working...
                    X