No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Warns Khan: End Beef With Sky TV or Suffer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Warns Khan: End Beef With Sky TV or Suffer

WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch has issued a warning to WBA 140-pound king Amir Khan to end his dispute with Sky TV. In April, Sky TV refused to broadcast Khan's last WBA title defense at Manchester's MEN Arena against Paul McCloskey following a well covered dispute over pay-per-view fees and a weak undercard. Khan took the fight to rival Primetime TV, who stepped in just days before the bout was scheduled.

[Click Here To Read More]

on one hand i don't blame amir for telling them to **** themselves. pride can be hard to swallow, but he should try to come back on SKY. This Barry Hearn character at matchroom must be a shot caller who just got a trust fund or something because he's came outta nowhere

Comment

Khan getting too big for his britches. He doesn't have a fan base like the Klitschkos where he doesn't even need TV.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        on one hand i don't blame amir for telling them to **** themselves. pride can be hard to swallow, but he should try to come back on SKY. This Barry Hearn character at matchroom must be a shot caller who just got a trust fund or something because he's came outta nowhere
        He was one of the top promoters in the past and was responsible for fights like Benn-Eubank II.

He did stop promoting for a while though I think, or at least he switched to small-time fights. It seems like it's mainly his son who is the driving force behind them getting back into boxing. Barry Hearn has been involved in snooker and football for quite a long time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          He was one of the top promoters in the past and was responsible for fights like Benn-Eubank II.

He did stop promoting for a while though I think, or at least he switched to small-time fights. It seems like it's mainly his son who is the driving force behind them getting back into boxing. Barry Hearn has been involved in snooker and football for quite a long time as well.
          Darts is also is a main revenue.

Love Froch but it's a little too late to be advising others who have been dealing with them alot longer than he has, although he should have been the major draw before hand. It's a shame Froch should have been the draw for sky well before Amir or at least equal. Hopefully now Froch gets what he deserves and has deserved for a long time.
          Last edited by druss81; 05-30-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Lol. Amir makes between 1-2 million dollars a fight, and has a 12 million dollar endorsement deal with Reebok. I doubt he will suffer.

Comment

Barry Hearn was the main British foil to Frank Warren after Mickey Duff, who left the scene only due to the fact that darts and snooker showed the promise of being more lucrative.

As to Khan, I personally believe he has to A) shred his ties with his family and B) decamp completely to the USA in order to maximise his career potential

Strictly IMO of course

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

ahh ok pre ciate the info. did a little research and he has had his hand in some pretty big promotions for a while. Hopefully his son's wheeling and dealing pays off with some good fights.

Comment

A TV network cannot feel comfortable putting their weight behind Khan when he lowballs every single legit opponent and is happy to settle for the fights that no fans want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    A TV network cannot feel comfortable putting their weight behind Khan when he lowballs every single legit opponent and is happy to settle for the fights that no fans want to see.
                    He lowballed Bradley? Why do you deliberately make yourself look a twat?

Comment

Working...
                    X