No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I'm Ready To Make a Statement With Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I'm Ready To Make a Statement With Lara

Los Angeles, CA – Former World Champion Paul “The Punisher” Williams looks to show the fans that his relentless offensive output will be back and better than ever, along with his winning ways since his most recent setback; and with the opening televised bout, Rico Ramos, will be seeking to win his first world title – both bouts being featured on an HBO “Boxing After Dark” at 10:15pm ET/PT doubleheader presented by Goossen Tutor Promotions in association with Golden Boy Promotions and Teiken Promotions on Saturday night, July 9, from the Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall and hosted by Caesars Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Oh, so Paul williams is awake?
    When did he wake up ?

Comment

pwill will ko lara easy but then will get ktfo by martinez easy

Comment

I think Lara's speed and Southpaw stance will give Williams problems.I'm taking Lara by decision.It's make or break time for both fighters.Williams could also be damaged from the Maravilla KO.

Comment

i hope pwill doesn't go into a defensive shell... I hope he keeps up the offensive output, but just with better defense

Comment

"Like the rest of America" - WTF?

Has Dan Goosen ever bothered taking a glance up at all the empty seats that are always present at Paul Williams's fights? The guy could spend hours upon hours rolling in heaps of dog sh^t before one of his fights and he still wouldn't be able to even attact flies to come watch him fight.

Goosen just doesn't know anything about promoting.Truly and utterly clueless.And that's why there's always more people in the fighters corner than there ever is in the crowd at one of his cards.

Comment

I'm glad P-Will is getting back in the mix of things making a statement and knocking this lara dude out is what I'm hoping for a great performance will rise P-will stock again he is far from done I been on the Bandwagon since the Matthysse fight and I ain't never getting off

Comment

I honestly don't know about this fight, I will be going for Lara of course, both guys are trying to bounce back from their last fights with a very impressive win

will be interesting to see how Lara deals with Williams Pressure and Work Rate but if Williams defense haven't improved then I could see Lara being able to land some COUNTER PUNCHES on Williams that could do some Damage

should be a very interesting fight!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  I honestly don't know about this fight, I will be going for Lara of course, both guys are trying to bounce back from their last fights with a very impressive win

will be interesting to see how Lara deals with Williams Pressure and Work Rate but if Williams defense haven't improved then I could see Lara being able to land some COUNTER PUNCHES on Williams that could do some Damage

should be a very interesting fight!
                  Same here. I think Lara's best chance is if P. Will was damaged by that brutal "Maravilla" KO. Otherwise, Paul's work rate might be too much for Erislandy. As you say, this fight comes at an interesting time for both fighters. Each man clearly has something to lose or gain from this bout.

Comment

I can't see Lara winning this fight. Honestly, I was a bit surprised about Lara's latest statements about knocking Williams into a coma.Seems to be due to selling this fight, because Cubans gnerally don't boast like this. Don't think his power is tremendous enough to finish Williams. He was just running into a Hayemaker of Martinez. Williams doesn't have the best defense, but usually he's got a good chin and considering his workrate and I don't see Lara pulling this off.

Comment

Working...
                    X