No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Z Withdraws From Fight, Eyes Football Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tommy Z Withdraws From Fight, Eyes Football Return

Baltimore Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski withdrew Tuesday from his scheduled June 4 boxing match, saying he wants to focus on his NFL career, the Los Angeles Times reported.

[Click Here To Read More]

he could have done the june 4 fight football wont happen any time soon

Comment

again, these crossover guys, need to be treated as impostors, they have no loyalty to the sport, they're only quick paycheck guys, and jump ship asap.........

i have no love for any of these cross over wannbes, and i don't care of tommy z was a boxer before, he quit, took up something else, and only uses boxing like a ex girl friend when he's in need of something.........

when one fo these guys actually quits their bullschidt sport, comes to boxing full time, stays there, and becomes a legitimate contender by his skill and determination and not by hype and cherry picking match making, then i will be minutely supportive......... until then, i look at these guys as sides shows who are discrediting boxing like it's easy to get into just because you're big and in shape for ANOTHER sport........... it's galaxies apart.........

go back to football, or azz grabbing and nipple twisting, whatever it is you do, GTFO of boxing!!!! ****ing hacks!

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
        again, these crossover guys, need to be treated as impostors, they have no loyalty to the sport, they're only quick paycheck guys, and jump ship asap.........

i have no love for any of these cross over wannbes, and i don't care of tommy z was a boxer before, he quit, took up something else, and only uses boxing like a ex girl friend when he's in need of something.........

when one fo these guys actually quits their bullschidt sport, comes to boxing full time, stays there, and becomes a legitimate contender by his skill and determination and not by hype and cherry picking match making, then i will be minutely supportive......... until then, i look at these guys as sides shows who are discrediting boxing like it's easy to get into just because you're big and in shape for ANOTHER sport........... it's galaxies apart.........

go back to football, or azz grabbing and nipple twisting, whatever it is you do, GTFO of boxing!!!! ****ing hacks!
        good post I agree 100%

Comment

i kinda agree with you guys - boxing is a gentleman's sport and not a circus. it is a finely tuned science that has evolved over the years. no way you can come into boxing part time and be successful. it is to be taken seriously. not like MMA.

but I can't fully lie, I am curious about what some of these hella athletic dudes can do. I would like to see them try, but only if they are seriously in it. Zibs is pretty athletic being a safety in the NFL, but there are much more athletic dudes who i wish would have picked up boxing rather than the pigskin

Comment

3 min rd are way too long for NFL (Not For Long) guys.
            Nice try Tommy Z.

Comment

i Finally saw him box and he wasnt all that bad, nothing great of course, i will say for someone that is a NFL Safety i expected him to be "Ripped" he just looked like he was just a big guy but not what i was expecting

Comment

He knew he would get KTFO sooner or later, so he decided to avoid the embarrassment. Good decision.

Comment

And i Respect some of the backlash also, because i can see where some posters are coming from, ya'll are basically saying he is "Using" boxing, but i believe Tom Started out as a Boxer first then went to Football as a kid...

I myself just Started Boxing 3 weeks ago full-time taking it serious, and know i have a long way to go, i played Baseball got drafted out of HS , didnt sign , went to college and played Baseball , did some Independent Ball and now im Boxing, i Always loved boxing as a fan , and even in the gym now i try to show my up most respect to guys who have been doing it way longer, even if they are 16 year olds or 20+ year olds, cuz i know how im currently viewed, i honestly Have always really Liked boxing and not doing it to just BS around but im sure those guys in the gym who have been doing it as a kid view me as some what as a "Joke" which is natural , i told the trainer i wanna earn my respect among the other guys and other trainers, i come in pretty much everyday and work very hard..

i Know right now among them im probably viewed as someong "Using" boxing, So i understand where some of ya'll comments come from dealing with Tommy Z....i would never take the sport as a joke or "Use" it because if you dont respect the sport or others then you cant expect the same in return, so im usually on hush mode in the gym and just do all my work and do what im told by the trainers to let them know that yea im in this 100%, but yea how you are Perceived is def. different.

Comment

The Racket Suuad: From The NFL, Not HBO

Another pigskin palooka bites the dust.
                    Maybe Emanuel Steward and HBO can lure another pretender into the Arum ratings race.
                    Tommy Z. or Mickey D., they mean the same to me.
                    You better have a Whopper ready if you want to play with fistic phenoms.
                    The ghost of Jim Thorpe knows that the ring is too tough even for tough guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X