No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Johnson, Rogan Lead The Prizefighter Charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kevin Johnson, Rogan Lead The Prizefighter Charge

Matchroom Sport is delighted to announce that the Prizefighter International Heavyweights will take place at Alexandra Palace on May 7, live on Sky Sports.

[Click Here To Read More]

Very good line-up, although I think I'd prefer to see these guys have real, 10 or 12 round fights with each other rather than 3 rounders. Should be good to watch though and I'll be tuning in.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this, but I agree it would be better to have fights like Johnson-Perez or Airich-Rogan as 8 to 12 rounders.

It will be interesting to see who else will be in this tournament.

Comment

I don't like the guy, but I'm pretty sure Johnson will prevail. I doubt anybody superior will be added to the line-up.

Comment

well i guess the article i read was different.it had perez & kingpin but had rahman in it too...***ton & sprott were listed in their too...heresia,rogan & ailich are good adds though...3 more to name yet...

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
            I don't like the guy, but I'm pretty sure Johnson will prevail. I doubt anybody superior will be added to the line-up.
            Co-sign. I'm not a Johnson fan at all. He was a HUGE let down because I was actually thinking he could do what solis was seemingly in the process of doing. but all he did was shy away, paw a ***** jab out every now and then and lay on the ropes. He probably did the best job of any Klitschko opponent to avoid damage, but it was horrible. Still, he is decently talented, especially compared to typical prizefighter roster.

Comment

WAR ROGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be great, if Kingpin and Rogie end up fighting each other i'll get to see first hand if the stories i heard about Rogie bashing him about in sparring a year ago were true or not.

Perez will win in i think, looks to be a very good up and coming HW (although he has been fighting garbage opponents), Im surprised they are risking him *****g him in this tbh.

This should be a great prizefighter

Comment

wow, I heard Hearn talking about this one Prizefighter and saying there were some good international fighters and assumed he was talking the Latvian Champion or something.

I wouldn't have thought Johnson's style was suited to a 3-round sprint. I think he might pull out when he knows what's up.

The first fight is usually crazy with two guys throwing the kitchen sink at each other for three rounds.

Comment

I think Johnson can win it, although I don't know anything about Perez so I'll have to check him out before being sure. But either way, it seems a bit too much risk, having a decent chance of a loss on your record for the sake of £32K prize money?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    I think Johnson can win it, although I don't know anything about Perez so I'll have to check him out before being sure. But either way, it seems a bit too much risk, having a decent chance of a loss on your record for the sake of £32K prize money?
                    they might up the prize money for this one seeing as its "international" and will get additional tv revinue

Perez is good, the guys he's been fighting are ****e, but u can tell he's good. Fast hands, good power, good combinations. I think the 3 rd format will suit him a lot better than Johnson. Kingpin wont like the relentlessness of prizefighter imo, he wont be able to sit back and jab, he's gonna have guys in his face the entire tournament

Comment

Working...
                    X