No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Trying To Fix Damage From Ring Punishment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Trying To Fix Damage From Ring Punishment

At the end point of Roy Jones Jr.'s 21-year boxing career that spanned four weight divisions, he took some big hits and suffered two vicious knockouts at the hands of Antonio Tarver and Glen Johnson. Now, at age 42, Jones is attempting to fix the damage caused by the punches that caught him in the last couple of years.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thats some scary $!#%.

Comment

what's even more scary is that he realized this but continued to fight..that's goes to show that he's suffering not only from balance issues...

Comment

Scary.............

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          At the end point of Roy Jones Jr.'s 21-year boxing career that spanned four weight divisions, he took some big hits and suffered two vicious knockouts at the hands of Antonio Tarver and Glen Johnson. Now, at age 42, Jones is attempting to fix the damage caused by the punches that caught him in the last couple of years.

[Click Here To Read More]
          dam....this is not good at all!!!....(fighting back tears)

Comment

I feel for Roy. He has done a lot for the sport.I hope this means he has hung his gloves up for good.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              what's even more scary is that he realized this but continued to fight..that's goes to show that he's suffering not only from balance issues...
              Yeah. I was thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                Yeah. Damn shame that fighters just keep trying when physical problems like this manifest themselves.

Comment

Sad sad stuff, also goes to show how much he loved the sport. Hope he hangs them up.

Comment

What makes financially secured fighters continue for years after discovering braindamage?

Ridiculous.

That being said one can only hope that the damage can be cured, but I have the feeling that it's just a way for a schrewd businessman to relieve Jones and others for some cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X