Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Juan Manuel Marquez: We Want Erik Morales Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Juan Manuel Marquez: We Want Erik Morales Fight!

Although it has reported that there is still no economic agreement with Golden Boy Promotions, Ignacio Beristain, the trainer and manager of WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, has disclosed to the Mexican press that his boxer started training for a possible match with Erik "Terrible" Morales, which has the date of April 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Nacho denied published stories that his boxer rejected a fight with Morales, and called them "false reports"

[Click Here To Read More]

marquez has a good shot against khan imo.WAR Marquez

Comment

let the two old farts do it!

Comment

between khan or morales?...ofcourse the piss drinker wants morales.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Although it has reported that there is still no economic agreement with Golden Boy Promotions, Ignacio Beristain, the trainer and manager of WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, has disclosed to the Mexican press that his boxer started training for a possible match with Erik "Terrible" Morales, which has the date of April 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas......
          That fight suxx. I want Soto or Rios.

WARRR JMM !!

And if the fight get's made.....

WARRR Morales as well !!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            between khan or morales?...ofcourse the piss drinker wants morales.....lol
            I wonder if that clown Pacquiao would grow some balls and fight JMM at 140?

Comment

jmm destroys morales

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                only if the piss drinker did'nt ask for 50/50....

Comment

Man, I'm really disappointed in this shit big time. And it's not so much JMM's fault I don't think. It's frigging Nacho Beristain. He's blocking JMM from being great and it's sickening as hell. I honestly believe that JMM has a chance to beat Khan at the very least and even Berto even though I view that as a little bit more iffy. Just think about it. So JMM got waxed by Floyd in twelve rounds. I think Floyd would put Berto and Khan both to sleep (Not that but he could probably stop them in the distance).

This makes it that much harder for me to stomach seeing JMM beat up on Morales, because it looks like he isn't gonna follow it up with an attempt to get a meaningful win on his resume to close out his career.

It's really similar to the situation with Hopkins fighting Roy Jones in a rematch but different in another way. Similar in the sense that JMM is going to beat up on a shot fighter after the fight is long overdue. Different in the sense that after Hopkins beat Roy Jones he followed it up by fighting the top dog at 175 in Jean Pascal.

If this was a similar scenario of where it was a sure thing that JMM would move up and try to catch a fourth title after beating Morales, then I could respect that more and it would make this fight easier to stomach. But this shit is just sad. Nacho is dropping the ball big time and JMM isn't getting any younger.
                  Last edited by Iceta Lives; 01-22-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                    Well, when JMM can't draw flies to his war with Katsidis which had must-see TV written all over it, he can't turn around and ask for a career high payday (double what he got for Mayweather) and expect to get it. Numbers don't lie, when JMM fought Katsidis, the arena was over half empty. Hard to make a case to demand double your biggest payday when you can't draw flies to ****...

Comment

Working...
                    X