No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Micky Ward Wins 2010 James A. Farley Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Micky Ward Wins 2010 James A. Farley Award

By a vote of the officers and board of directors of the Boxing Writers Association of America, the recipient of the 2010 James A. Farley award for "Honesty and Integrity in Boxing" is Micky Ward.

[Click Here To Read More]

Glad to see Micky Ward getting accolades, having met him on several occasions I have to say it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Has anyone else ever won Fight of the Year in 3 straight years? Ward did it with Burton and then the next 2 years with Gatti, says a lot about how he fought.

Comment

Ward was a Warrior man deserves it .I would like to have seen him against a prime Hatton man .Would have been good , war .

Comment

Originally posted by DTanc View Post
        Glad to see Micky Ward getting accolades, having met him on several occasions I have to say it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Has anyone else ever won Fight of the Year in 3 straight years? Ward did it with Burton and then the next 2 years with Gatti, says a lot about how he fought.
        Forget the technical meaning of the word, and forget counting the straps.....

..... Mickey Ward is a champion to me !!

I will never forget the first Gatti fight, or Mickey Ward.

Comment

Well-deserved award for a fighter who left everything in the ring; a GIANT ambassador of the sport.

In fact, he'd have my vote for president of a boxer's union (if something like that was ever formed).

Comment

Working...
          X