No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux-Casey Bout Starts With Strong Ticket Sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux-Casey Bout Starts With Strong Ticket Sales

On March 19th 2011 Limericks own Cinderella-Man takes another leap into the unknown when he challenges Guillermo Rigondeaux for his WBA Super-Bantamweight title. Having defied all the odds to capture the European title, pummelling Paulie Hyland over four blistering rounds, Willie Casey embarks on a road less travelled by his fellow countrymen. Interestingly Ireland take on England in rugby at 5pm that day so Irish sports fans are sure to be licking their lips again with not-too-distant memories of Bernard Dunne fighting Ricardo Cordoba the same day as Ireland winning the six nations two years ago.

[Click Here To Read More]

For God's sake, stop calling it a world title fight already...

Comment

**** this is going to be some day for the beer

Comment

lol world paper title

Comment

I can't wait for this fight....Casey is gonna bring it......he's gonna have Ireland behind him but i see Rigs taking him out before 6...should be good as long as it lasts

Comment

I'm not sure Rigondeaux has fought anyone brings as much pressure as Casey while he's been in the pro ranks, so it's a different sort of fight for him. I still think he'll win, mind, because his movement and general boxing ability and technique ought to be far too much. I'll bet on Rigo, but I'd like Casey to win partly for nationalistic reasons (I'm part Irish) and the fact that Rigondeaux' stye is incredibly aesthetically unappealing. Shouldn't happen though.

Comment

hoping rigo will perfom better this time

Comment

Hopefully this guy will put enough pressure on Rigondeaux to make him put on a better show than on the PPV. He was god awful to watch on that undercard.

Comment

Rigondeaux was robbed of a unanimous decision against Cordoba last go round.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
                    Hopefully this guy will put enough pressure on Rigondeaux to make him put on a better show than on the PPV. He was god awful to watch on that undercard.
                    rigo stunk out the place. thats why the judges wanted so BADLY to give the fight to Cordoba LOL even though it was a CLEAR ud for rigo the judges gave him a SD showing how pissed they were of his performance.

my beef is no matter how much a fighter stinks out the place you should still score the fight correctly. regardless. but hey, we're talking about texas.

Comment

Working...
                    X