Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nate Campbell Plans To Retire, Talks About Recent Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nate Campbell Plans To Retire, Talks About Recent Defeat

Jacksonville, FL: Former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell (33-7-1, 25 ko's) has decided to hang up his gloves after suffering a split decision loss to journeyman Walter Estrada (37-13-1) Saturday night on the Juan Manuel Marquez-Michael Katsidids HBO card in Las Vegas. Campbell got a late start in boxing, turning pro near his 28th birthday in 2000, but shocked the boxing world in 2008 by dethroning the then undefeated Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz in a bullring in CanCun, Mexico to win the IBF, WBO, and WBA lightweight titles. Campbell's then promoter Don King's inability to land a meaningful fight following the Diaz upset led to a year layoff and an eventual move to the jr. welterweight division where Campbell had a no contest with world champion Timothy Bradley and a decision loss to "vicious" Victor Ortiz. The always colorful Campbell released the following statement after Saturday's loss to Estrada:
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good luck nate

Comment

about time lol

Comment

Thanks for all the memorable fights Nate. That was one of the CLASSIEST ways I've ever seen a World Class Boxer exit the game. You will forever have a fan in the Chief. Good luck in all of your future endevours Champ.

Comment

well done nate, i think i speak for most fans when i say that i wish you the best in retirement. i enjoyed following the past few years of your career. i hope to catch you on commentary sometime.

Comment

good luck nate, you gave us some good fights

Comment

Bye bye don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
                good luck nate, you gave us some good fights
                Good luck nate,you are this kind of dude who had a name in boxing altough he hasn't done **** to deserve "a name" except an upset.
                Props for the Diaz upset tough.
                Hope you made enough money for you and your fam.

Thanks for all the race cards you did play and the funny KO against Peden.

Comment

This is the only thing I will remember Nate for;

Comment

People tend to forget how late Nate got started. He accomplished a whole lot in his short career. Much props to Nate and God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                    X