No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Inks Multi-Year Deal With Televisa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Inks Multi-Year Deal With Televisa

LOS ANGELES, November 17 - As one of boxing's traditional powerhouses when it comes to producing world-class talent in the ring, Mexico might best be described as the heart and soul of the sweet science. Now, in signing a multi-year deal, Golden Boy Promotions and Televisa will team up to bring Mexico's best established stars as well as its stars of tomorrow into living rooms across the country.

"This is a great moment for Golden Boy Promotions, our fighters and the sport of boxing," said Oscar de la Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. "To join with such a respected partner in Televisa is an honor for us and together, we're going to deliver the best fights possible to boxing fans every month. We can't wait to get started!" [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like great news. However, I will say this. Televisa is a very shady company (much like many TV companies). They own football clubs: Club America, Club Necaxa, and Club San Luis; all while FIFA rules prohibit one owner to own more than one club in the same league. I just hope they keep the crooket deals to a minimum. In all honesty, though, and as much as I like Saul Alvarez, I don't think it will be too long before they start fixing fights for him; especially since he's their bread and butter and the one who Televisa used to get into the Boxing business, again. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
      Sounds like great news. However, I will say this. Televisa is a very shady company (much like many TV companies). They own football clubs: Club America, Club Necaxa, and Club San Luis; all while FIFA rules prohibit one owner to own more than one club in the same league. I just hope they keep the crooket deals to a minimum. In all honesty, though, and as much as I like Saul Alvarez, I don't think it will be too long before they start fixing fights for him; especially since he's their bread and butter and the one who Televisa used to get into the Boxing business, again. We'll see what happens.
      i believe they are right at the limit with three,but yeah,they are very shady,lol,them and the other companies are at each other ,but anyways,it's a good deal i guess,

Comment

For this sport to grow, it needs more accessible viewing(free televised fights) towards the public to start sparking interest. Give them a show with good brawlers, so they can see the action. The casual sports fans don't understand the subtle techniques technical fighters use and it will most likely bore them. Give them something they do know, a fight/brawl, something they understand and that is exciting. I hear people from the boxing industry complaining about the future state of boxing, well ****, the good fights are very few, and far in between that people forget about boxing. there has to be a place holder in between the big bouts.(though these last few months are pretty good)

Comment

Its great news but mostly due to the signing of canelo. They want his fights to be televised on televisa but hopefully they televise these cards here in the US. And hopefully they are better than the telefutura cards.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
            Its great news but mostly due to the signing of canelo. They want his fights to be televised on televisa but hopefully they televise these cards here in the US. And hopefully they are better than the telefutura cards.
            what, you don't like the "cachetadas guajoloteras" that Ozuna describes during his blow by blow?

..as a boxing fan, I also hope they will televise here in the US...****, the more the merrier!..or I wonder if this means no more Telefutura boxing? (again)

Comment

I guess this is a great move on their behalf. TV Azteca gets all the coverage from top rank leaving televisa with the not so good fights. For some weeks straight, people have been chosing TV azteca to watch their televised fights.

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
                what, you don't like the "cachetadas guajoloteras" that Ozuna describes during his blow by blow?

..as a boxing fan, I also hope they will televise here in the US...****, the more the merrier!..or I wonder if this means no more Telefutura boxing? (again)
                naw its kool the blow by blow but most of their fights suck theres no compelling matches espn does a better job

Comment

now Oscar has another network were he could spread his corruption, deceptive practices.

Comment

Like he said in the article boxing's home will be and has been Mexico. Expect more and more prospects, contenders, even tomato cans. Cool deal I guess for the weeks there's isn't fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X