No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: WBC's Convention Day Three, Mandatories Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: WBC's Convention Day Three, Mandatories Set

On Wednesday morning, at the "Sun, Sea and Sand" located at the Royal Hotel, the third day of the WBC's 48th annual convention continued. The committee of world championships and governing body of the WBC held a meeting to decide title shots, in addition to the recommendations of various international promoters.

[Click Here To Read More]

Middleweight

Champion: Sergio Martinez

Mandatory challenger: Sebastian Zbik (Interim Champion). David Lemieux shall be measured Marco Antonio Rubio in a qualifying match for the mandatory challenger. The silver champion and # 1, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., must decide if he competes at middleweight or plans to return to junior middleweight.
    So Martinez must fight Zbik. A fight in which Martinez will be favoured heavily. I doubt it'll ever get off as Martinez will go for bigger fish than an unknown euro.

Other than that this division ouzes of alphabet logic:

Mandatory: Zbik.
    Qualifiers: Lemieux and Whobio.
    No. 1: JCC Jr.
    Silver champ: JCC Jr.

Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      So Martinez must fight Zbik. A fight in which Martinez will be favoured heavily. I doubt it'll ever get off as Martinez will go for bigger fish than an unknown euro.

Seriously
      Except that it's even worse because Zbik is the interim titlist to go along with the mandatory. The silver title was supposedly going to replace interim, so they basically have 2 interim titlist or silver titlist in the same division.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Seriously
        Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Except that it's even worse because Zbik is the interim titlist to go along with the mandatory. The silver title was supposedly going to replace interim, so they basically have 2 interim titlist or silver titlist in the same division.

Get used to it.
        Just an alphabelt maximizing potential sanctioning fees.
        Also, if a beltholder flakes out, they're not totally left
        without 'champions' at every weightclass.

Comment

I'm not into blondes, but that blonde is pretty cute

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            Lol oh yeah I forgot the interim part.

Originally posted by horge View Post
            Get used to it.
            Just an alphabelt maximizing potential sanctioning fees.
            Also, if a beltholder flakes out, they're not totally left
            without 'champions' at every weightclass.
            Yes its so sad.

Comment

curious to see what chavez jr decides to do..probably go down to 154 to face cotto,doubt he'll want to face martinez/williams winner,that would probably happen if he stays at 160

Comment

Looks like so great fights are coming up.

Comment

anyone know why Morales isnt fighting an eliminator at 140? He's ranked 2 atm. 1 and 3 are fighting.

After the eliminator and mandatory are taken care of that would leave Morales and McCloskey at 1 and 2.

Hopefully McCloskey can get a title shot sorted out by the end of the year.

Also i think Bradley cant win the WBC belt if he beats Alexander, so if Bradley wins, does Alexander keep the belt, or does Ajose Olusegun vs. Ali Chebah become a title fight instead of an eliminator?

Comment

Working...
                  X